Claim-what's needed?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lots of hoops and unless you have a spare 20k just sitting around there's not much point getting a claim in Vic unless there are 2 or 4 people involved to share the costs.

Hunting the yellow said:
lots of hoops and unless you have a spare 20k just sitting around there's not much point getting a claim in Vic unless there are 2 or 4 people involved to share the costs.

Also you are needing a payable deposit to mine that will generate a PROFIT after taxes and expenses?
2-4 people ( mining partners ) many seasoned miners say finding a good trustworthy partner is harder than finding gold itself!

Recently in the media there was reports that a Landowner in Talbot was wanting to mine his own property and was subject to considerable red tape.
On public land it would be harder to get a claim than your own property i guess. :eek:

Talbot - it's Neville Perry that was having problems - see article. http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/ne...y/news-story/164dbbb27caf892e3b171f510983fce9

On another note, a lease on private land, at least in Victoria, is possible - best sites are on cleared paddocks, no trees to worry about. The issue here is once you get through the dramas there is still the matter of enough water to run a wash plant. The current lease on Laanecoorie - Newbridge Rd (vic) is an example. The wash plant is on the western side of the road right on the dozed area but the water (Loddon) is on the eastern side of the road.

And the penalty for disturbing grass.
There is a story about this and the poor buggers have to
pay $900,000.00 just in case a rare orchid 7 kilometers
away wants to grow there. :eek: :mad:
Don't get me started...

Why don't we all cheap in (location dependent) and buy a hobbie claim? One where we can access our own privet property.

Nothing to big just enough to make it worth the trips out ( gold wise) and somewhere where we can meet and do our thing.

Just an idea, I see the Americans do it so why not us.

kuskus said:
Why don't we all cheap in (location dependent) and buy a hobbie claim? One where we can access our own privet property.

Nothing to big just enough to make it worth the trips out ( gold wise) and somewhere where we can meet and do our thing.

I like that idea :)

kuskus said:

That is a great idea!!!

Latest posts