Glen Innes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im only new at this so bare with me. My family and I are going to Glen Innes on the long weekend and are looking for places to fossick that haven't already been mined. I have been to Boolabinda a few times but I have been told it is shut till mid October unfortunately. Would anyone have any other spots we could try in that area? I have also been to Bullock mountain. Most other spots I have been to are around the Inverell area. Thank you.

Finding somewhere out there that hasn't been mined would be almost impossible. Some places have been mined for 100 years and still produce good stones. ;)

G-day Jasons and Welcome. :D .... You could always head up to Emmaville(40 min north of Glen Innes) for the Emmaville Gemfest 1-3 OCT.... Field trips cost $20 pp I think. 8) .. This Years Event will be based at the Emmaville Caravan Park...

The Field Trips Planned for this year include de Milhous Lode/Mine/Reef, Where you will find All sorts of Gems... This was a Gem mine with Beryl, Emerald, Topaz and Fluorite(green and purple) and others.....last time anyone fossicked there was well over 15 yrs ago.... And the goodies should be everywhere after all this rain.... :D

One of the other Locations is the Webs Consols Silver Mine (under Lease), where you will find All sorts of Silver related Minerals.... Both Locations are on Private Property.. so they haven't been visited for a very long time....

Hopefully the Weather Gods are good to us and it should be a great event for all who attend this Long Week-end...

Now, before any-one jumps down my throat ..... Yes I am one of the Field Trip Guides..... :cool:

There is a Topic on this titled 'Emmaville Gemfest 2016' in this Section.. and a few pics as well...

LoneWolf......

Thankyou very much everyone for your input. I have been thinking about the Emmaville Gemfest. Maybe it might be worth a look. What are your opinions on places like 3 waters and Bullock mountain also?

LoneWolf, are there limits to how many people can go on these field trips and are kids welcome? How would i go about booking to go on a field trip etc? Thanks.

There's plenty of room, no need to book, just be at the Emmaville Caravan Park around 7.30 -8am each morning to Register... And Kids are very Welcome to come and have fun with Mum and Dad.. After all they are the Future of Fossicking.. :D ... Im pretty sure lunch(sausage sizzle) will be available too.. I will Know more tomorrow on that...

The Group will probably be split into 2.... Half will go to the Silver Mine while the other half will go to de Milhous... Then swap over for the Sunday.... But if numbers are low, we may All go to one venue on one day then the other venue the next.... depends on numbers... :)

We also plan to go to a 'Mystery' Location on the Monday..... but this could be doubtful with all this rain. :( ... I will know more tomorrow as there are site inspections happening then.....

You will have to fill out an Indemnity Form prior to commencing Any of the Field Trips..... Legal requirement im afraid..... But I was told today that the Silver mine has tons of stuff just waiting to be picked up... and de Milhous, well its everywhere too... This Rain has really helped us but we need No more.... :lol:

Both Venues are Supervised and have 'No Go Zones' but these shall be 'Danger Taped' off for your protection.... as the Silver mine for one, is an ongoing operation but Available for Gemfest :)

LoneWolf....

Latest posts