Xp pinpointer clip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Until I get one big Fella!

Looking forward to having a play around with it.

With it hooked up to your headset it may look a little weird poking that shaped object into holes in the ground and there is no noise. LOL

Might see you down newy, I'll be down early oct on way to Laanecoorie.

Cheers Gold pick for the clips, hopefully I'll have my own soon.

Clegy

Here's a more detailed description from Andy Sabisch on the Deus upgrades and new accessories. The interesting part for me was the mention of the pinpointer being like a wireless version of the Sunray X-1 probe when paired up with the Deus. The X-1 runs with the stock detector tones, and still allows for VDI's to be utilised whilst pinpointing a target. Whether the MI-6 will be exactly like the X-1 remains to be entirely proven without a doubt, will have to wait and see.

He also mentions that there is a delay on the V4.0 release due to a bug on the wireless pinpointer connection, so hopefully that will be well and truly sorted before release. :)

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2320542,2320542#msg-2320542

Looks like Mr Sabisch has lead us up the garden path a bit regarding the Sunray probe description. The pinpointer seems to only run in beep or pitch mode, and VDI numbers will not be displayed on the screen, just a box target graphic showing the proximity of the probe to the target. Bit of a bummer considering that the Deus will switch from the main coil to the probe when pinpointing to avoid any cross talk, so essentially the pinpointer acts as another very small coil, but without VDI or tone ID capability.

Might be something XP can work into a future software upgrade. :)

Goldpick said:
Looks like Mr Sabisch has lead us up the garden path a bit regarding the Sunray probe description. The pinpointer seems to only run in beep or pitch mode, and VDI numbers will not be displayed on the screen, just a box target graphic showing the proximity of the probe to the target. Bit of a bummer considering that the Deus will switch from the main coil to the probe when pinpointing to avoid any cross talk, so essentially the pinpointer acts as another very small coil, but without VDI or tone ID capability.

Might be something XP can work into a future software upgrade. :)

It is supposed to run in Beep or Vibrate mode, according to the things I have read, I have bought a lot of stuff that he has reviewed only to find it was not So.

The MX-Sport was another thing he did saying what he liked but he never told anyone about all the faults and then posted that people needed to read between the lines and by doing so where he never commented about things is where the problems lie, So unless you have mind reading skills his reviews should be avoided because he will only tell you what bits he likes and the fault finding is down to you at your Expense.

The RRP of this pin pointer according to andy s, works out to be about $438.19c when you convert 299.00 Euro's to Aussie Dollars **** That, I can Buy SIX of the BE II's for that price, You are Better of buying the Vibra-Probe 580, Which is waterproof to 100 feet + and it is a PI pin pointer, I can buy either 2 Minelab PP's or 2 Whites TRX's for the same amount and still have change for a Beer, Anyone buys that then they need their head Testing.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2265714,2266766#msg-2266766

His reviews are Ass kissing and far from honest.

J

We could be getting a wee excited here me lads, me I`ll wait with baited breath and see what the go is and the cost when tis here in OZ. Wireless pinpointer sounds like a damm good concept, bugger the treasurer is gonna kill me for sure. Ah............. but I`ll be the winning boy with the most toys.

Norvic said:
We could be getting a wee excited here me lads, me I`ll wait with baited breath and see what the go is and the cost when tis here in OZ. Wireless pinpointer sounds like a damm good concept, bugger the treasurer is gonna kill me for sure. Ah............. but I`ll be the winning boy with the most toys.

Well Andy said it is going to cost 299.00 Euro's at the moment there are $1.4674 AUD to the Euro 299 X 1.4674 = $438.75c

I hope this is not right because I was hoping it would make a good stand alone pin pointer but for me 299 euro's = 258.96p where as 2x whites TRX or 2 of the Minelab PP's cost 244.00p.

The Falcon MD-20 was the most expensive PP on the market at around 220.00 although it is made for prospecting, Most likely the XP PP will be cheaper in America even though they are French yet the US is 4000 miles from france and I am 21 miles from france so they can't put it down to shipping cost, Also because the UK is still part of the EU there is No Import Duty So it really should be a lot cheaper Here than In the US, and if it is not then there is something else going on.

John, the figure I saw mentioned was around the 200 euro mark, not 299, and that was coming from an XP rep at the display stand on it's release.

Andy Sabisch also did clearly mention under $200 us for the pinpointer, which puts it a tad above the pricing for the Garrett AT propointer.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2320542

Goldpick said:
John, the figure I saw mentioned was around the 200 euro mark, not 299, and that was coming from an XP rep at the display stand on it's release.

Andy Sabisch also did clearly mention under $200 us for the pinpointer, which puts it a tad above the pricing for the Garrett AT propointer.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2320542

Well I am only going on what he said here, But I will Call the UK importer in the morning as they are the Major Dealer for XP over here and see what they say,

John

Re: Any news on the new wireless pinpointed Deus is going to sell?

Posted by: Andy Sabisch [ Send a Message ]
Date: January 29, 2016 04:48PM

The non-XP site says "The new XP pinpointer will presumably cost 299 EUR. It will go on sale in the spring of 2016" with the key word being presumably . . . . stay tuned for pricing and availability as sooin as teh factory is ready to release it

Andy

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2265714,2266766#msg-2266766

Well the must of lowered the price since his first review at the beginning of the year but I will phone the UK importer in the morning, I can't see them trying to market it at 299 Euro's because they would never sell them,

Thanks for the update,

John.

I never trust any of these reviewers, they get given a free machine and will not rock the boat in the hope of receiving the next freebie. I get more information about a possible future purchase of an XP from someone like Goldpick posting week in week out than some 24hr best thing since sliced bread butt-kiss reviewer. Problem is someone has to buy one first before the rest of us can get to see that.

edit: or maybe the freebie receivers can keep the machine for more than 2 weeks before selling it (Nokta reviewers anyway)

Latest posts