My Trommel.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, i had a crack at building a trommel.
Let me know what you think. Cheers!
1473646021_20160911_080754-640x367.jpg

1473646132_20160814_100935-640x360.jpg

I havent ran anything through it just yet. Hopefully finish it this week so i can take it out on the weekend!

Jaros said:
Did it work ok. Looks like it will. Happy hunting.
I built a boat when i was 7 (out of wood) and 3 of my friends and I carried it into a paddock close by and put it in. I -up till then - thought wood always floated.
It sank to the bottom . My first science lesson-re buoyancy.

Ahh yes yes. Well its all trial and error. Its kept me entertained for a few hours putting it together.
So far ive had a bit of fun. Just need to build the catch tray and sluice.

Yeah great. I couldnt keep up with it.
Need to make a few adjustments here n there but other than that its a good thing.
Cant wait to take it out again

Cheers mate.
Yeah for the 2 hours i took it out for, i was quite suprised ill definatly going back to the same spot this weekend. Rain, hail or shine!

Hi mate
I built one a while back and like you it was hard to keep up to it yours looks like it will go all day might need some people to help you
mine is on youtube under "Trommel First Run" if you want to have a look two short video keep the volume down i had to use my other pump and its a bit loud

Wishfull said:
Lot of work in that and a very good job. how many hours so far ?

Hey mate, i had a about 25 hours building the trommel only because i had no idea what i was doing. And the trailer took me about 2 hours.

7.62marksman said:
Hi mate
I built one a while back and like you it was hard to keep up to it yours looks like it will go all day might need some people to help you
mine is on youtube under "Trommel First Run" if you want to have a look two short video keep the volume down i had to use my other pump and its a bit loud

Yeah whenever ive taken this one out ive had someone with me and we cant keep up to it!

Yeah nice one mate!

Latest posts