BULK GOLD PAY DIRT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ballaratgold said:
Good stuff bc! Your panning skills must be improving. Running the material through a sluice will get you the big smiles ;)
Haha the panning ain't going to bad. Did my 1st real clean up today and I struggled but after about 2 hours finally got it in the vial lol. Having a ball. Time flys.

BADGERCREEK said:
Gold so far. YEEEEHAAAA.
Will get some hose tomorrow and fire the sluice up. Cheershttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8283/1473656034_image.jpg :p
And that coin is way bigger than your regular $1.

hi BG. i have sent you pm looking forward to hearing from you. great thing you did for badger creek a big heads up mate. makes us all feel good jim

Mickybees said:
Hey all you guys are awesome ...does anyone no whats roughly expected from a trailer load I'm thinking Of buying a load and slowly pan it out in my spare time..

with reference to the pic in BGs post #69 my reckoning would go like this:-

#69 Pic shows GOLD from two barrow loads
~
assuming a barrow load is around 100L* or 0.1 cubic meter (*NB:builders barrows come in 85L / 95L / 100L or 120L sizes)
~
and a 6x4 trailer with 12 inch sides has a load capacity of 0.68 cubic meters that would be around 5, 6 or 7 barrows*

unknown is the weight of gold in the pan and the barrow size - the gold price is easily got daily on the net.

be aware though, as is the nature of nature :D each load will be different and don't expect consistancy when working through the load.

have fun

Yeah seeing that its selling for $150 a load then I think one can assume it will contain less than that in gold. Judging by the pic it *might* be close, but it also might not. But thats fine. Its not about getting your moneys worth of gold. It about having *some* gold and having fun getting it out. I think ballaratgold would be reluctant to post any weights as he isnt guaranteeing anytning, merely showing what he got as a demonstration. Thats my thoughts anyways.

PotOfGold said:
Yeah seeing that its selling for $150 a load then I think one can assume it will contain less than that in gold. Judging by the pic it *might* be close, but it also might not. But thats fine. Its not about getting your moneys worth of gold. It about having *some* gold and having fun getting it out. I think ballaratgold would be reluctant to post any weights as he isnt guaranteeing anytning, merely showing what he got as a demonstration. Thats my thoughts anyways.

Yup! having fun!! we're recreational prospectors most of us here on PA. I did the sums on my last recent trip to my favorite creek and for $135 outlay this was my take - and I was bloody happy ....
1473757170_screen_shot_2016-09-13_at_6.55.50_pm.png

Now I gotta say that truthfully that for me it's all about recreation (aka time out) and not monetry gain... however on the flip side a trailer load of BG's paydirt for $15 more than my normal outlay on a day trip to Gippsland has the potential to significantly raise the level in my gold vial :D :D

have fun

casper

PS: I have about 2mm of gold in my vial after 2 years recreational prospecting - my cheeky son recently said "the gold now covers the bottom of the vial Dad - it's all up from here!" .......... grrrrr! :mad: bloody cheeky grasshopper ;)

casper said:
Yup! having fun!! we're recreational prospectors most of us here on PA. I did the sums on my last recent trip to my favorite creek and for $135 outlay this was my take - and I was bloody happy ....https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/562/1473757170_screen_shot_2016-09-13_at_6.55.50_pm.png

Now I gotta say that truthfully that for me it's all about recreation (aka time out) and not monetry gain... however on the flip side a trailer load of BG's paydirt for $15 more than my normal outlay on a day trip to Gippsland has the potential to significantly raise the level in my gold vial :D :D

have fun

casper

PS: I have about 2mm of gold in my vial after 2 years recreational prospecting - my cheeky son recently said "the gold now covers the bottom of the vial Dad - it's all up from here!" .......... grrrrr! :mad: bloody cheeky grasshopper ;)
For me it's also about getting into the outdoors and having some time out.Your sons comment reminds me of when I arrived home from my first trip out sluicing , I was happy as Larry to have found some gold only for my 11 yr old daughter to say"is that it,that's all you found?"

i guess the only way to find out the exact gold amount is to buy a load. I feel it is reasonably priced as really the money is only covering my time and fuel. The wheel burrow test is an indication as everyone should no how much material fits into a wheel burrow. But in saying that gold always very. I garentee you will find gold but as to how much I can not say.

I'm not one for speculating endlessly on how much gold might be in a sample of dirt. I get in there and pan away until i get my answer so I bought a load on Monday. Top bloke, delivered same day. He even left me a little gold and a cleanup sluice to get started!

I could see specks of gold as we shoveled the load off his trailer. Now I have a stockpile of pay dirt to play with when I can't get out.

Believe me, I get a little nuts if I don't see some colour in my pan every couple of days. I've done a couple of pans out of curiosity and have found gold in each pan. Fine stuff and one speck on some quartz so far but who knows what I might find. That's what it is all about isn't it? Any day I see colour in my pan is a good day.

As to how much gold you will get...I come home after a few hours panning; negotiating time off for good behaviour, driving to an area, lugging buckets, looking for a good spot, scratching around, sampling and furiously panning as time runs away, then panning my concentrates in the shed for hours. I usually end up with less than 0.1g. I am over the moon if I have a pin head sized chunk to look at and very happy with enough flakes to register something on a 0.01g scale. Then I proudly show the missus and she says, "how much is it worth?" That's when I go troppo...

If it was about the money I think most of us would be sorely disappointed.

So if you just want some dirt to play with I'd say go for it. I plan to share some around as my Mother in Law is interested in learning to pan while her partner disappears into the bush with his SDC and I have friends with children that I can get hooked on the gold at an early age. I might even get the wife into it yet. When I'm done the tailings will be perfect for my proposed cacti and succulent garden.

Thanks bg!

Mickybees said:
Any updates on whats come out of the trailer load ?
Hours of entertainment and gold so far.
Exactly what I was looking for. Fired the sluice up yesterday but yet to run through any dirt really. Weathers been yuck! Hope to have a decent crack 2moro. Probably only processed a bit less than a 20 litre bucket through panning so far and have recovered 0.13g of gold. That's really good IMO.
Some pans are really good and some only have 2 or 3 specks but still yet to have a pan with zero colour. Cheers.

Mickybees said:
Any updates on what's come out of the trailer load ?
Mate BG has given us some pretty good indicators. You won't get rich from it. Looks to me if you are lucky you may profit $25, if unlucky may end up with less gold than what you could just buy with the same amount of cash. To me this would be great for an old timer who can't get out and about, or someone with limited time, or someone wanting to run dirt testing/evaluating new equipment at home.
Doesn't look like you'll cash in big time. BG isn't a lepra corn, but still a top fella.

I'm just interested in what comes out of it I know it won't be life changing but curious and still deciding if I want to get some would be great panning practice at home ..keep up the good work Badgercreek I'm thinking if you have only done 20 litres and have 0.13 you should roughly get 3 to 4 grams that's if there a meter of dirt there ...anyway good luck and look forward to hearing about your results ..cheers :)

ballaratgold said:
It was going to be used for road base for a drive until i found out the gold content. :D

The roads would have been literally 'paved with gold' :D

Hey TTkooAU, fancy a road trip?

Paul

Patrick1 said:
Any updates yet on yield of a load?

I'd refer back to post #94 higher on this page. Pretty much sums it up. As far as Im concerned its been demonstrated pretty well whats in there. No definitive numbers but theyre not really needed. If you're dont want to buy a load with the current info then Id say just dont bother.

PotOfGold said:
Patrick1 said:
Any updates yet on yield of a load?

I'd refer back to post #94 higher on this page. Pretty much sums it up. As far as Im concerned its been demonstrated pretty well whats in there. No definitive numbers but theyre not really needed. If you're dont want to buy a load with the current info then Id say just dont bother.
It's just a bit of fun mate I have roughly worked out how much gold could be in there and more then anything I just would like to know if I worked it out right. it's got nothing to do with buying a load everyone is so open and honest about this topic why not ask for updates it keeps things interesting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts