Abandoned and Disused Mines - Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Safety disclaimer: Exploring abandoned mineshafts is an extremely dangerous hobby, Prospecting Australia and any associated administrators and moderators will not be held responsible for any accidents, injury or deaths occuring due to people exploring abandoned mines. We do not recommend anyone to attempt such activities even if they do have relevant qualifications in abseiling, cave exploration and confined spaces.

These photos are from one of the abandoned underground mines at Chewton.

DeathKiss said:
lovely pics ..... do you do trips with visitors? i would love to come in one ... never been before :|

Mine exploration is considered a dangerous activity by many. However, we do occasionally take visotors with us. Have you visited any tourists mines ?

dean65 said:
DeathKiss said:
lovely pics ..... do you do trips with visitors? i would love to come in one ... never been before :|

Mine exploration is considered a dangerous activity by many. However, we do occasionally take visotors with us. Have you visited any tourists mines ?

yes mate, been to long tunel in walhalla and the one in ballarat, but those ones aren`t "challenging like these to use full on gear ....
Back in my country (Romania) used to go hiking and alpinism .....

Nice pics once again and don't forget to mention us either Dean!! :) The Victorian Historical Mine Shaft Chasers Inc.

1474101712_img_1588.jpg

Hey Dean, remember me telling you. I went to this mine about 20 years ago I remember when it was still getting worked and there was a huge green locked container there. Saying explosives!

Hello Raymo.
Wow you guys find some really cool stuff. From what I have seen your knowledge of the hills around the north of Melbourne is really good. I find it intresting how you guys locate and research a mine or area. Anyway I know of 4 mine holes in the flowerdale area that I dont think anyone knows their there as its so over grown its on the side of a hill so you can miss it easily. Id love to explore them if your intrested let me know and i can show you. I just hope you guys can get some cool pics as you have on this page. Your on top of your game ??.
Let me know?

Hunting the yellow said:
who found it dean ?? I showed you and in turn you show ray
Well where are your photos?? Id be curious to see them as i like the mine photos.? But you have to admit the other photos here are cool. Dean and Raymo do a good job showing the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts