Even tribsa finds some

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kmart has them for $4.00 ;)
1483753884_42029892-1-f.jpg

http://www.kmart.com.au/product/led-headlight/535301

Thanks sinhof and silver. Son has a h7 that im gunna use. It is one of the ones he uses when we go pigging so pretty impressed with them. I use a goldbug2 for my gold but dont do that at night and im just getting into coinshooting which im using a garrett ace350. Sometimes ive noticed my garrett pinpointer interferes with it but its easy to just turn off the ace when pinpointing.
Gee things are getting serious now haha :p

Out again today for a few hours with cecc(lenny) and managed a few toasty modern coins and a mega toasty half penny. My best guess is 1922 but could be wrong. Also got a nice stainless steel ring. Bottom left is an exploded 303 shell. Would like to know the story behind that :eek:
1483946548_optimized-20170109_164839-1.jpg

The half penny. Any advice on how to tidy it up a bit would be greatly appreciated
1483946640_optimized-20170109_165016-1.jpg

And the ring
1483946677_optimized-20170109_164852-1.jpg

Ring a ding ding Tribsa, that coin ain't neva gunna be a show pony, n that's definately a 2 at the end, so, I'd just rip in with a wire brush on the end of a drill till it looks all shiny n such, ain't no pleasure in saying the patina is a bit abstract and beyond general appreciation in some circles, but that being said a bit of a buff up can bring it into the realm of general appreciation by your visitors one and all, lest they be numismatically minded in any degree at all (even in passing a coin shop). :lol:
Let us see how you go with it hey ! 8) 8)

Thanks silver i was hesitent but ok mate,wire brush it is lol. Thanks smoky. No mate cecc was just panning while i was detectin.

Cool ring, I've found the similar design in silver :cool:
If you break the green crust it'll keep corroding, I've had some that I made into things and find after it's annealed a few times its pretty clean but toast
Anneal it one side then the other cooling in between and light scrub in between
maybe finish scrubbing with steel wool soap pads
Once its clean heating lightly will sort of give it some patina back at least dull its shine

Thanks b5mech. I thought it was silver at first but its got no markings and quite heavy. Yeah light heating and cooling might be worth a shot on the coin, never thought of that :p
Good thinkin smoky. M8ght be worth a shot too

Hey Tribsa great finds , rings are always great to pick up , I found 3 gold rings in a row without markings . Thought the detecting gods were against me. But after having them assayed , they turned out to be gold rings , either played or more :)

Kind regards

The area had heaps of military activity during ww2. There are bunkers and gun anplacements up the beach a couple klms. So should be a few relics about :p

Latest posts