FUGGET!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FUGGET!!! :eek: Got One today ..................
I'm not used to this type of EXCAVATION ........ FUGGEN Thing .
How the Fugg can a piece of metal be such hard pack ground :mad: :mad: ARRRRR ...... ARRRRR :mad: Really WTF ..
This FUGGET was a good 2 foot down :eek: :mad: :mad: I went through the hard surface 100mm still there :) at about 250mm
I hit very hard pack shattered Quartz ( I don't like it :( ) Anyway bashed through that :) still there :| Had to have a little rest and sit down
Before walking back to ute for a Coke and another sit down ;) ;)
So back at it now down about 500mm :| .......... still there and I'm rooted :( I gave it my all for the next 100mm or so ......
Checked the hole and ......... its not there :D grabbed my little scoop and that's when I nearly passed out ...... FUGGET :mad: :mad:
ARRRRRRR ARRRRRRRR Chite !!!!!!!!!!!!

dam it said:
FUGGET !!! :eek: Got One today ..................
I'm not used to this type of EXCAVATION ........ FUGGEN Thing .
How the Fugg can a piece of metal be such hard pack ground :mad: :mad: ARRRRR ...... ARRRRR :mad: Really WTF ..
This FUGGET was a good 2 foot down :eek: :mad: :mad: I went through the hard surface 100mm still there :) at about 250mm
I hit very hard pack shattered Quartz ( I don't like it :( ) Anyway bashed through that :) still there :| Had to have a little rest and sit down
Before walking back to ute for a Coke and another sit down ;) ;)
So back at it now down about 500mm :| .......... still there and I'm rooted :( I gave it my all for the next 100mm or so ......
Checked the hole and ......... its not there :D grabbed my little scoop and that's when I nearly passed out ...... FUGGET :mad: :mad:
ARRRRRRR ARRRRRRRR Chite !!!!!!!!!!!!

You spoilt your self having great success with the SDC, buy the sounds of it the gpz is like buying a gym membership :lol:. You'll be better for it in six months

Ronk said:
we all have got fuggets some time
and they suck

worst story i ever heard i guy found a coke can down 6 ft in what appeared to be virgin ground

he threw his tools away and left Leonora WA

Holy crap 6ft deep fugget :eek: My best is a rusty horseshoe at about a meter with the 4500. Kind of already knew it was gonna be a fugget at 80 cms or so when some plastic rubbish came out with the dirt. Never can be certain.

It just goes with the territory ....... You just have to dig them. You never know. I've dug plenty. Dug one yesterday in solid grey slate. Thought I was on to a winner as it was undisturbed slate. At 12"+ I found it to be just the slate creating a ground balance difference to the soil on the edge of the big hole. Had a 15" Evo on so the hole was at least 18" wide. The sound was loud. The give away, once I finally realised, was that the signal disappeared at the top of the hole but remained loud at the the bottom of the hole. I checked the sides in case of a halo effect. So was certain it was the slate. I'd never dug such solid slate before so it was a good learning curve. The slate had veins of yellow/orange oxidisation through it in places so was expecting to find a gold vein. But no such luck. Not a metal fugget but certainly a ground noise fugget.

Know what you mean about having to rest. Don't know about you but I huff and puff with sweat poring out, and with headphones on you can hear your heart pounding away. I force myself to rest as I often think that knowing my luck someone will find me dead next to a hole, and when they check what I was digging they'll find my retirement nugget. It will have been my permanent retirement nugget. Wouldn't want that to happen. Lol

Dig'n-it said:
It just goes with the territory ....... You just have to dig them. You never know. I've dug plenty. Dug one yesterday in solid grey slate. Thought I was on to a winner as it was undisturbed slate. At 12"+ I found it to be just the slate creating a ground balance difference to the soil on the edge of the big hole. Had a 15" Evo on so the hole was at least 18" wide. The sound was loud. The give away, once I finally realised, was that the signal disappeared at the top of the hole but remained loud at the the bottom of the hole. I checked the sides in case of a halo effect. So was certain it was the slate. I'd never dug such solid slate before so it was a good learning curve. The slate had veins of yellow/orange oxidisation through it in places so was expecting to find a gold vein. But no such luck. Not a metal fugget but certainly a ground noise fugget.

Know what you mean about having to rest. Don't know about you but I huff and puff with sweat poring out, and with headphones on you can hear your heart pounding away. I force myself to rest as I often think that knowing my luck someone will find me dead next to a hole, and when they check what I was digging they'll find my retirement nugget. It will have been my permanent retirement nugget. Wouldn't want that to happen. Lol
funny thing we were talking about the big nugget reported the other day and I reakon if I found one like that it'd be just my luck I'd drop dead from the shock and some other luck bastard wouldn't even have to dig it up.

I knew it, LOL
It was going to be a circus when Dam It dug his first Fugget. :lol:
Oh What I would have given to be a Fly on the nearest Tree. PMSL.
Betcha even the Kookaburra's weren't even game to have a chuckle.
That was hilariouse Mate,
Stay Tuned folk's,
More coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tathradj said:
Betcha even the Kookaburra's weren't even game to have a chuckle.

They would have choked trying to hold that laugh back.

Also known as Chinese laughing Ducks. I think the only reason their referred to as Ducks is to justify putting them between a few bits of lettuce :lol:

I've noticed over the last week that the worst thing you can say with a nice sweet signal on the Zed -particularly after being on the SDC for so long- is that it doesn't sound so deep. Cut to twenty minutes later when you're standing in a two foot deep hole and she's still throwing an overload down at the bottom!

They should come with a warning sticker like car mirrors do, along the lines of: Objects under the coil may be deeper than they appear.

Hahaha! :lol:
Cheers,
Shauno.

1472623706_miners_shovel_1.jpg
1472623725_miners_shovel_2.jpg

my Fugget moment.
wedged way under the rock!!
we were thinking welcome stranger!!
such is life.

Latest posts