Where was it found 4kg nugget?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if i was the finder i would send everyone to the wrong side of the country,,,, i reckon it was found near port headland marble bar same sort of ground and its almost diagonally opposite vic gold fields

Nice timing for the find, which was found in summer looking at the ground.
School holidays coming up, everyone wants lots of visitors.

1472341279_capture.png

Redfin said:
Nice timing for the find, which was found in summer looking at the ground.
School holidays coming up, everyone wants lots of visitors.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1472341279_capture.png

Likely the little nugget was caught in the tread of a vehicle driving off-road somewhere in the area. But the same point applies as it had to be on the surface to get transported by that vehicle. Else it was in the road mix wherever it came from.

Rob.

ken2m said:
From the look of the dirt that was covering it it looks more like the whipstick forest. Ground texture that was discribed was, like concrete, again like that area. Ken.

Photos are rarely taken exactly where the find was made.

ken2m said:
From the look of the dirt that was covering it it looks more like the whipstick forest. Ground texture that was discribed was, like concrete, again like that area. Ken.

Just realised the nugget was found in the golden triangle, Whipstick is well outside the triangle. Ken.

I heard it was an old member from here that has a crew working the Tarnagulla/Laanecoorie area!

Is onto a huge patch that yielded a couple of ounce plus nuggs only days before the big find.

But i could be wrong! ;)

Your right...It is where it is!!

Dont let the tales of talk get you down......keep digging bro!

But digging in the right areas is of upmost importance ;)

Wherever it was found it's not there anymore, not like finding a good fishing spot, gold doesn't spawn or regenerate, once it's gone its gone forever! :(