DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it could be fun but sometimes ya gets what ya pays for. I might grab one to zip around and not wreck my Phantom. :D I'm a fan of Aldi products. They are often re badged items from other vendors and usually cheaper.

1473836021_img_20160914_165132.jpg

I don't know much about them, but would this model have something like stability assist?
As others have mentioned, it would be good to fly over the gold fields, and get your bearings when exploring.

I am only new to drones myself so I don't know that much. This is from the specifications.... 6-axis gyro, quad-rotorcraft flight for strong stability, movement, stronger wind resistance and ease of control

Like any Drone look at fight time, time in the air is what you need if you want to us it to reseach ground across remote areas or you will be spending all day looking for it.

Cheers

Thanks Rod the 360 deg view looks great. Weather looked great, so likely not recently. I think that I see you beside the soccer field near a pavilion of some kind.

Regarding your setup, what sort pf tablet do you use for the screen?

Rob.

Ramjet said:
Well I didn't expect all the nagativity and "expert" opinions on what is legal and what is not. Maybe I should just delete the whole topic.
Well RJ right about now i'm wishing you had deleted this topic ;) ;) i started reading about 2pm today and have just got to the final post. I've just watched 7 hrs of youtube vids on drones Bahaha. Thanks mate.

PabloP said:
Thanks Rod the 360 deg view looks great. Weather looked great, so likely not recently. I think that I see you beside the soccer field near a pavilion of some kind.

Regarding your setup, what sort pf tablet do you use for the screen?

Rob.

Yes that's me and Lonely Silver down the Pavillion end and it was last Saturday. I use either my phone which is a Galaxy note 5 or a galaxy tab 10 inch which is too big to fit on the controller without an adaptor. I did by a 2ND hand Nexus 7 specifically for the drone as it was recommended but it is the ealier version and doesn't have enough horsepower. The video lags and freezes.
I think a 7 or 8 inch tablet would be the best size. A lot 9f people use an ipad mini or similar but i dont useant fruit machines. ;)
You need something with a bright screen for sun glare. You can buy or make a hood to shade your device.
Other considerations are that it will use your phone data for maps etc. If you use a tab without a 3g/4G connection then you must cache the maps at home for the area you will be flying.

Secret Squirrels said:
Ramjet said:
Well I didn't expect all the nagativity and "expert" opinions on what is legal and what is not. Maybe I should just delete the whole topic.
Well RJ right about now i'm wishing you had deleted this topic ;) ;) i started reading about 2pm today and have just got to the final post. I've just watched 7 hrs of youtube vids on drones Bahaha. Thanks mate.

Well I'm glad I kept you entertained for a few hours. :D

Hey Ramjet, that was brilliant. I used to live in Adamstown, in Brunker road, did not recognise a thing. Wow, it has changed so much.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. I also lived in Adamstown for many years. My sons played soccer there and the school is next door to the fields. I flew the drone there as it is one of the few places you can do it without breaking ant CASA rules... 30 metres from buildings etc. :eek:

Latest posts