DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem LW happy to help if I can Im going flying today with a mate with the mavic air and he is only learning Ill try and get some pics or video.

Hi Guys,

Im New to the forum, got an SDC2300 and drone wise got Inspire 1 with X3 and X5 and also a Phantom 2 Vision+, also hold a UOC.
Moved from Sydney to Bundaberg for work, haven't found my first bit of yella up here but plenty of lead and rust!!

Ummmm... I 'spose you left Sydney due to the NFZ... but with a UeOC?

Mate, pop into the general threads re finding gold in your area?? There are plenty of people that will give you advice there mate!

I'm willing to trade some legit info in QLD fo an Inspire.... :cool:

I see a new sport being created, drone racing, something along the lines of the Red Bull Air Races or even drone golf where you drop items into baskets on the ground.

The racing has been going for a few years now but drone golf sounds interesting :)
Manpa said:
I see a new sport being created, drone racing, something along the lines of the Red Bull Air Races or even drone golf where you drop items into baskets on the ground.

The air is a bit cheaper and smaller and has more features but the mavic pro 2 is coming or so I've been told.

BigWave said:
Mavis Pro vs Mavic Air for a beginner. What would you suggest?

Thanks Simmo,

Moved up to Bundaberg for the real job, The drone stuff is a sideline.
I've got permission on private land near me with some old mine workings, finding plenty of old mining trash and the odd red belly black snake!!
I'm sure i will hit the good stuff sooner or later, the old timers couldn't have got it all!!

Ah Bundaberg, I don't suppose that your real job is Head Taster at the refinery by chance?
Don't forget to wear ya gaiters mate.
Good Luck on the permission site too.
Mackka

BigWave said:

good question Peter. I am wanting to get into it to and have been looking at th Karma because I have the gopro hero6 black and the karma hand grip. I read though that they have had problems and have ceased production. That would be why they have halved in price.
Im keen to know what a good drone with good quality footage (4K) is ? or at least PA members preferences. I would use it in film production but also to view as others do prospective areas to search for the yellow. I suspect that's why u might be looking also BW.
Before I am bashed I have not read a lot of this blog so go easy

GT :)

BigWave said:

I have had a Mavic Pro since they were first released and it is a magic little machine. But if one of my family was to ask me what they should get Mavic Pro versus Mavic Air, I would likely recommend as newby's the Mavic Air because of price, weight and space. But once again my Mavic Pro is a great machine that I wouldn't part with for anything, almost!

Rob P.

Hey I dont doubt that stuff GGA, if I'm still around, I'd love to see whats flying around in 20 years.
My son (16) is now enquiring to be an RPA pilot in the military..

BigWave said:
I think I'm going to go with the air when I can afford it. DJI have nailed it. The details and pics have been leaked on youtube for the Mavic 2, and Mavic Zoom, and despite the 1inch sensor and new camera/gimble I still think the air is better. Only the flight time, and range seem to be the advantages the Mavic Pro has over the air. But I can't forsee myself flying it 6 or 7 kms away and still being able to see it anyway. If you get the fly more combo you get the air and a heap of other stuff including 2 extra batteries and the charging hub that takes 4 at a time. Did you end up taking the plunge on one BigWave?

Latest posts