DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also am interested in the Drone scene.

I purchased a cheap unit for the grandson some time ago, but it doesn't have very good auto stability (none) so can really only be flown when there is no breeze and by someone with a deal of experience. The DJI series seem to have a good range and fuctionality, so did you do much research on what was available prior to purchase. Also if you were to buy again, what would you target for your purchase.

Rob P.

Yes I did lots of research. Looked at them for many months. The Phantom range are flying cameras. It's all about the camera. Saying that, they are great fun to fly and the stability etc is amazing and gives confidence. If you get into trouble just let go of the joy sticks and it will hover in place.

Depends on what you want from it. There are racing drones and ones built just for the fun of flying.
I bought a tiny drone for practice. The size of a matchbox car and it has no stability features. You must be on the controls always. Good fun too. :D

Thanks mate. I am not interested in speed, camera use is #1, which means stability is a factor. Not interested in large height or range either, but knowing that a drone has good range should mean it is more reliable when closer to you. Fly home mode also seems like a handy feature, and although some have follow me, I am not sure that it would be used.

Thanks again.

Rob.

Thanks, had a read up on them and some user assessments. In general it seems that the DJI is better in most aspects, but looks like I need to see a few different machines first hand, before spending any $$. I know of a model plane flying group that have drones as well, that I may be able to visit next W/E, if their are operating on the W/E.

Rob P.

They are awesome and the pictures can be breathtaking just like you've posted. Nice addition to your interests Ramjet.
Jon

Here's a couple of photos taken earlier in the year. The guy just wanted an ariel shot of his property to turn into a huge canvas print.
I've had to resize the photo obviously to get it on the forum.
1473397343_g0050924.jpg

1473397382_g0060984.jpg

1473397408_g0040900.jpg

Wishfull said:
Ramjet said:
Great pics Simmo.

I tried making my first 360 panorama today. It worked out ok. I will have to find a place on the WWW to show it.

You can put 360,s on YouTube, but don't ask me how to do it.

OK thanks for that Wishful. I have it on FB but no one on here can see it. I'll ave a look on youtube.

Here is the same drone as mine being started and flown from over 12 miles away from the guy with the controller. Pretty amazing. Line of sight so if there are no buildings or trees you can get some long flights. Here in Australia you must always be able to see your drone so depends how good ya eyes are. ;)

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/YG8CABF235c[/video]

Wishfull said:
Hey Simmo that was awesome mate. How far did that thing fly for, it looked like a kays or so and you didn't hit any trees !

Hey Wishfull,
That was me driving the truck, and my son flying the quadcopter in the passenger seat! I suppose about a k or so up the river!

Nowadays we bend the rules a bit with FPV.......

Those vids were great to watch, Have one on my bucket list, but it will be a while before I get one.

Mike.

Wow, you wouldn't want to watch that after having a few drinks, great handling skills.

Mike.

Latest posts