DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tathradj said:
I have noticed that DJI have and are going to release forced updates
on META Data to constantly update the no fly zones.

Yep, just did my latest update of the Mavic today. Had a few issue with comms and am remote and comms are unreliable, but looks like it has now all updated ok. Need to fly it to verify.

Rob P

Thats the whole idea Phil, and the reason I didnt go for the Phantom, I want this with me everywhere!!!

Nice one Simmo. I agree with the portability side of it. If the Mavic had been available when I got my P4, I would have chosen the Mavic. To carry mine it is a full on, large backpack job.

Yeah agree bro, my good mate Frank up at the Palmer has the 4 with all the bells and whistles, better camera, more stable in wind, but hooly dooly, you need a trailer to carry it all!!
If I cut this one down, out of its hard case, it would all fit in with my hydration pack!!
I'm loving it so far!
Cant wait to go back up to the lease next week and put something together!!

See drones made the news tonight ......................... a few pollies are pushing for some dramatic immediate reviews on their use. :rolleyes: One can see the need for some ruling but one would hope the fun police don't take all the fun out of it :eek:
Simmo nice footage :Y:

A cpl of good stories also of late for multi's..... some lost bushwalkers found with one, and (US?) Ag. dept's looking to seed 8 Million tree's per annum....no links sorry...

Bogger,... there are already rules for usage, which have had a number of iterations, so don't expect them to do too much differently. All the rules in the world will not be sufficient to halt the actions of the brain dead tho.... :Y:

GGA yes aware and understand that ..................... this latest push would basically almost wipe them out for the hobbyist. Agree 100% on the brain dead as you can never cover the lowest denominator. The bunnings snag flyer ................... 9K for a sausage in bread :N: Maybe he has learnt if your going to do something that bends the rules a little don't put it on U Tube :D :D :D

I saw that on the ABC last night, first thing I thought was hey pretty good idea, then I thought about whole forests beimng planted as an absolute mono culture of plants. Either way it's just humans buggering with nature again....

I didn't see the program Heatho, but have been aware for a number of years of using aerial platforms for weed control, such the likes of blackberry eradication etc.

I see them working in this instance as you can program the feed rate and multi speed control, therefore limiting any sort of 'congestion', yet do it in an efficient and safe methodology.... each run could have a variety of seedings based on what's native to the area so you get a mix of growth...or you could use them for plantation as well...

Others may think differently of course, just how i see them being utilized in a productive and commercial manner... and replacing some of our damage can only be a good thing imo. ;)