DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Ok Smokey. :) :Y:
You are being wrongly treated by the operator of that drone.
Get the local police involved.
Take some photo's or a video with your phone.
Once you are "Armed " with that, Go the legal way Mate.
That way you have done the right thing.

Smoky bandit said:
Alright i didnt meen to start a debate :eek:

It's good to air 'information'....

...But gypsy recording people in there house is a big no no in my book wether your using a drone or just standing at someones window with a recorder...

And there are currently 'Laws' that deal with just this situation...
Again, i don't champion bad behavior such as that from the pilot, and do understand the frustration, i just personally don't see that being the end of it.... smarter to do otherwise, and put the whole situation to rest....i imagine that as a 'target' of repeat offences, there is more to this story.

At this point in time you are only guessing what is going on....not a good foundation for the action you prescribe...imo. :Y:

*edit*...btw, you may not see multi's as aircraft, but realize that, that is not important...because the CAA DO!....(yes, seriously, and it could be 'their' $$$ paying the Lawyers, not the 'drone' operator....how deep are your pockets?).

Thankfully....all this is pure conjecture at this stage... :p :Y:

String some fishing line across your property, his onboard camera probably won't see it till it's too late.
It will crash into your yard. Pull the battery out. Problem solved.

If someone comes looking for it just say dunno anything about it pal.

Occasional_panner said:

Many camera units have FPV and can record back at the controller/base station...

I can see the news headlines now...MAN SHOOTS DOWN DRONE ON HIS RURAL PROPERTY FOR FILMING HIS WIFE AND KIDS IN THIER LIVINGROOM...Can only see that going bad for drone owners...Not me...As i said lets just hope it doesnt come back...And Op... thanks mate you gave me an idea Cheers :Y: :D

Smoky bandit said:
...Can only see that going bad for drone owners...Not me...

Could that be because you aren't looking at the big picture?... I for one don't have enough info. to make the choice, as i'm seeing more assumptions than i see of 'proof' (of the 'motive')....but firearms would be the extreme, and last choice, for me...

As i said lets just hope it doesnt come back...

I agree, and as i said, atm it's all just conjecture...be good to stay that way i reckon. :Y: :rainbow:

GypsyGoldAu said:
Smoky bandit said:
...Can only see that going bad for drone owners...Not me...

Could that be because you aren't looking at the big picture?... I for one don't have enough info. to make the choice, as i'm seeing more assumptions than i see of 'proof' (of the 'motive')....but firearms would be the extreme, and last choice, for me...

As i said lets just hope it doesnt come back...

I agree, and as i said, atm it's all just conjecture...be good to stay that way i reckon. :Y: :rainbow:
:Y: :Y: :Y:

Getting back on track...as Summer fades to a distant memory...how many of you did get out and get some footage for us?.... :lol: :cool: 8)

Occasional_panner said:
GypsyGoldAu said:
Occasional_panner said:

Many camera units have FPV and can record back at the controller/base station...
Nothing illegal about stringing line across your yard mate.

You miss the implication, they will 'know' it landed in your yard (due to the d/load)...so saying "dunno anything about it..." won't wash. ;)

If Smoky can't find the operator by line of sight the unit fly's then i imagine it is definitely an FPV or base station unit,,,

Then he'll have to go to the police with footage of him doing an illegal thing, thus dobbing himself in. Either way he loses then.

You can deal with supposition to your hearts content...i've seen court outcomes that skew my judgement & understanding... ;)

Hint:...you won't win in court without clean hands yourself....so any suggestion of damage to property, holding property without permission, and a few more i'm sure, will dampen that victory dance you imagine...

Which he will likely then counter with an 'extortion' charge, or theft, or unlawfully withholding personal property etc.... :Y: :p

C'mon guys let's move on from this and get back on topic....who's got some footage, it doesn't even have to be recent.. :cool:

GypsyGoldAu said:
Which he will likely then counter with an 'extortion' charge, or theft, or unlawfully withholding personal property etc.... :Y: :p

C'mon guys let's move on from this and get back on topic....who's got some footage, it doesn't even have to be recent.. :cool:
So gypsy ...What charge would the drone owner get...Im sure he would have alot more charges to deal with than me holding his drone You seem very intent in supporting this clown..I know what i will do and i dont care about the consequences..Because i will feel i done.... what needed to be done..Rant over :Y: :D

Latest posts