WS4 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Just noticed this optional bluetooth WS4 backphone band up for sale in Europe, it allows you to make phone calls via voice commands, recieve phone calls (built in microphone), listen to music or recieve notifications whilst detecting. It will automatically lower the volume of the detecting tones to enable calls/notifications to be heard. It is a replacement for the normal ws4 headband, and uses your current ws4 controller. :)

http://regton.com/replacement-headband-xp-ws4-with-bluetooth.html

1461489950_xpd09bt_1_1.jpg

Noice :D

They could release a set of headphones that are just that.... headphones. It would be cheaper and with the remote ya don't really need apt he headphones to be a controller too.

They do sell ordinary FX-01 backphones specifically made for the Deus, lots of good feedback on them too. They usually come with the Deus kits that option just the main control box and no wireless headphones.

I've also used the clip on earphones from the Deus underwater kit, and they work well, if not a bit fiddly. Both come with an inline volume control.

1461574798_fx-o1.jpg

1461575110_images-4.jpg

Just a quick note, FX-02 is actually the current model corded backphone, a more rugged version of the above listed one. ;)

Today I received the Deus WS4 wristband from Clegy, with intention of using it with a second shaft setup and coil to run two Deus detectors. Pretty easy to set up, just clip the headphone adapter onto the back of the WS4 remote, insert the remote into the wristband, and plug in your favourite headphones. Obviously you do not require an inline headphone volume control, as the WS4 remote has volume control built in. The lower section of the wristband is open to allow removal of the WS4 USB cover for charging, without having to completely remove the whole remote.

The actual wrist band is extremely long (must be some thick wrists out there), hence it is up to the user on whether you want to trim the band down to am appropriate size.

I have ordered some FX-02 wired backphones, but in the meantime the pictured JVC noise cancelling headphones do a very good job, and offer excellent crisp audio. The headphone cable is also retractable, so there are no issues with excess cabling getting in the way whilst detecting.

It is also a good option if your backphones are out of commission, if you want to reduce the overall weight of the Deus to an absolute minimum, or if you want to detect in the rain and still be able to view the target ID's vs having the WS4 mounted on headphones.

I also received a new WS4 headset to replace the previous ones with a dodgy wire connection - thanks again Clegy, great service as always. ;)

Connected up to JVC noise cancelling headphones
1471437866_img_20160817_215224.jpg

Headphone connection on WS4 adapter
1471437927_img_20160817_215252.jpg

Headphone adapter clipped onto WS4 remote
1471437981_img_20160817_215313.jpg

New WS4 headband
1471438019_img_20160817_215340.jpg

Feels weird having detector controls mounted on the wrist
1471438051_img_20160817_221543.jpg

Just to add to the topic, my FX-02 wired backphones arrived today from Clegy for use with both the WS4 controller and remote. They come folded up in the same hardcase as the WS4 backphones, and offer inline volume control for use with the remote. They are just as comfortable if it more so than the wireless WS4 backphones, and have the same crisp audio as expected on the WS4's . Cheap insurance if you forget to charge your WS4 or should you have any issues with them in the field. :)

1472024815_img_20160824_171732.jpg

How much did it cost for the whole setup goldpick if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers mate, Glad it all got there safe.
YES the wristband is huge and would almost go around my leg!

I have quite a few people on the FX-02 backphones and at 64 grams total weight are proving to be a winner. The sound quality is also very good.

Again thanks for the Kind words mate really appreciate it.

Clegy

Goldpick said:
The actual wrist band is extremely long (must be some thick wrists out there), hence it is up to the user on whether you want to trim the band down to am appropriate size.

Probably made like that so that you can put it in over a jumper, jacket, etc. 8)

Nuggetbuster said:
Goldpick said:

Probably made like that so that you can put it in over a jumper, jacket, etc. 8)

Your a thinker mate! Fair dinkum I have been looking at those things since December last year thinking why so big?

Feeling Stupider than usual!

Clegy

what volume do you guys set your ws4's on? i ask, because i have a form of industrial deafness that is more pronounced when i use headphones(hard to explain,lol),anyway, due to this, im extrmely careful with volume levels while i wear headephones..i leave my deus ws4 at default 5 setting, and find it ok,just wondering what some of you guys use..cheers..

About the same mate, Little lower in the bush when no one around and a little louder when near traffic or beach noise.
Probably don't go lower than 3 or higher than about 6-7 at the beach.

Cheers Mate

Clegy

Latest posts