My first sdc outing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
Just ordered a Deteknix Wader LI Pinpointer from Nenad at Phasetechnical. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Thanks go to Nenad for getting back to me so quickly too especially since it's a Friday evening. :)

Hi Wishfull, how did the pinpointer go?
It would be good to compare many of the youtube vids provide very conflicting data.

Cheers

Wishfull said:
samrota said:
Wishfull said:
Got to go for a bit of an outing today To Hallett S.A. well just out of there 500 km round trip.
I met up with a couple of other blokes who were both swinging Minelabs a 4500 and a 5000.
I was in a dry river bed and came across some shale sticking up at an angle see picture below. I was getting a little curious after digging some of it out and sdc was still sounding off.

Lucky me a piece of wire jammed between two bits of shale. Lots of old diggings around the place. Some very deep holes. You had to watch where you were walking. None of us found any yellow though. Wire, shot little pieces of rusted tin, shoe tacks you know all that stuff. So yeah not much to brag about. But I would like to stay there for a full weekend instead of just a few hrs. You gotta try.

Hi, I'm curious about the spot at Hallet. I go through there when i'm out Peterborough way with work. Is this Private Property?

Just got my SDC, so I think i'll be putting it in the work car for these trips.

Hi. No it's not on private property. It it is on a road that goes past a creek the property it goes past is Ulooloo station.

Thanks mate. Had a look on goolgle earth. Obviously the diggings there are on private land, do you know a contact to get permission to access?

Found an old post on another forum

xxxx xxxx is the property owner?

Is this correct?

Thank you kindly

Moderator Edit,
Please, No personally identifiable
information or names.

HarryHoudini said:
Wishfull said:
Just ordered a Deteknix Wader LI Pinpointer from Nenad at Phasetechnical. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Thanks go to Nenad for getting back to me so quickly too especially since it's a Friday evening. :)

Hi Wishfull, how did the pinpointer go?
It would be good to compare many of the youtube vids provide very conflicting data.

Cheers

HH i have been pretty crook with Influenza A so I haven't been out to test the pinpointer yet. Maybe this wk end.

Going on what i read on the other forum, seems like he is quite ok with people fossicking.

I'll pop in there next time i'm up that way and introduce myself.

Wishfull said:
samrota said:
Going on what i read on the other forum, seems like he is quite ok with people fossicking.

I'll pop in there next time i'm up that way and introduce myself.

I would like confirmation of that could you plz pm when you find out ?

Will do :)

Finally after being crook fo weeks I got to go and try the Detecnix Wader LI pinpointer. First thing I did notice was that the Sdc picks it up from about 4 feet away even when I accidentally left it on and had it in it's holder at the back of my jeans, I couldn't work out why the sdc was wavering. Nenad did say that you can ground balance it out but I didn't think of it until I got home. Actualy I wonder if that would upset the sdc sensitivity. Nenad ?
All that being said I love it, I am sure it saved me a lot of digging. Salty sand and I mean water was seeping into the hole was not an issue, I had absolutely no falsing. I dug one hole and pinpointed a very small very rusty nail about 80 mm. Just dig a hole untill your detector says your close and use the pinpointer in the hole. Today was the first time that I haven't had to use my spade just used the pinpointer and when the beeping went nuts you knew you were right on the money, no pun.

I have not used any othe pinpointers but I would definatly buy a Detecnix Wader Li.

I will post some pictures later, it's bbq beer o'clock

Wishfull said:
Nenad did say that you can ground balance it out but I didn't think of it until I got home. Actualy I wonder if that would upset the sdc sensitivity. Nenad ?
You would need to auto tune it out Wishfull. Don't try to ground balance on it.
Here's Nenad's advice from another thread:

Nenad said:
You can also really minimize any interference with any detector by switching on your pinpointer and place it on the ground then do a noise cancel (auto tune) on your detector.
The auto tune will minimize any interference but may not completely get rid of it. Just keep your coil away from it when in use & carry as far away from the detector as possible when off IMO Edit: (after auto tune/noise cancelling).

Yesterdays dismal results. The 10c was up on high tide area next to an old camp fire as was the tent peg. The squid jag was on the low tide area about 3 m from waters edge under a layer of sand and then sea weed. Part of an ICI 12 guage shoty shell and some .22 shells. Still you never know what you'll find I guess.
One thing that narked me was some idiot had dumped an old fridge next to a track going behind one of the beaches and in another spot a badly damaged fiberglass boat ffs. the trailer was up further and a rusted wreck. This is what is going to wreck our beaches, they are not dumping grounds !

1480823368_2016-12-04_14.09.36.jpg

1480823394_2016-12-03_15.59.58.jpg

The boat. Edit the sea it over beyond the top of the picture behind sandills.
1480823595_2016-12-03_16.01.52.jpg

Latest posts