VIC Prospecting License access

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

There is Crown Land in VIC that everyone can go to and detect subject to:

1. Permission from the Land owner if you need to access theeir property to reach the gold fields
2. Permission from mining company if the there is a mining lease.

Permission is not required for detecting on Exploration License area.

I have a question. What if there is the Prospecting License in area of my interest and I only have VIC mining rights?

It is not clear if the permissions are required to detect on PL. I noticed that you cant search for an owner of the PL on Minerals VIC site. Only ML and EL can provide the details of the owners. If there is the reason for this pls advise.

Looks like wherever my eyes put on reasonable detecting area there is the PL attached. And I'm talking about areas within permitted State Forests, NCRs and parks golden triangle. I was in WA last year and I obtained PLs for number of areas where there was a PL. That worked well in terms of process. Wha do we do in VIC in respect to PL? I suppose I have no need for PL myself at this stage.

I'm off for Dunnoly this weekend so there is no much time left. Pls assist.

Thanks
8)

Of course I'm aware of that and I will get one shortly. My question was about if the one can freely go to PL designated area?

I'm using electronic maps of GEovic and I see many PL numbers.

Can I go to PL areas or not, that is the question. Still not clear if the PL have been abolished in VIC or not. cheers

Never had to worry about leases in Victoria before. If there is active mining you obviously can't go in there, but other than that your free to wander around all state forests and most SCR's.

DD

that's the way it should be the way they do it in the west is dumb dumb dumb, but what else could you expect, when at the last state election while I was over there a mate told me that the local incumbent conservative candidate wanted detctin small time prospectin banned...and he got in watta joke

jedda said:
that's the way it should be the way they do it in the west is dumb dumb dumb, but what else could you expect, when at the last state election while I was over there a mate told me that the local incumbent conservative candidate wanted detctin small time prospectin banned...and he got in watta joke

who is he ?

got a name ?

got to keep an eye out for idiots like that and start a " lobby group " to educate him

he probably thinks detectorists go around digging big holes with bulldozers , tying up endangered species and driving over them in his fourbie

all it would take is to show him a few youtube videos of the average joe detecting and filling his holes in and that might be enough to make him understand what a deadshit he was.

if he still wants them banned then he needs psychiatric evaluation.

lol . it could make a funny video for today tonight or current affair , video a detectorist at work and then interview the pollie concerned . entitle the video " pollie gone crackers "

pollies like that will probably introduce limits on the oxygen we can breathe next . or a fresh air tax

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHnuLPNAAE[/video]

let you know by pm later once I get the facts right but I do know that he most likely will not be there next time

anyone reading gold and ghosts will know how far we have fallen down the pecking order, even with the pending non pending lease system they have in the west

jedda said:
anyone reading gold and ghosts will know how far we have fallen down the pecking order, even with the pending non pending lease system they have in the west

The pending lease system is a joke. As soon as I go and peg new ground it comes up on tengraph with a 'quick come get my gold sign'. Bloody ridiculous that as soon as you find a patch they give everyone 6months to take as much of the gold as they can before your lease becomes active.
Too many people over here call them selves prospectors that only follow the pending leases around, they should go find there own ground instead of sponging of over people's hard work.

DD

in 1894 the wa mining act was amended to confirm the Coolgardie wardens decision that allowed prospectors to enter a lease and carry out dryblowing or whatever in searching for eluvial or alluvial gold up to within 50 feet of any reef or lode within the lease

a decision further enhanced by a decision at bulong stipulating that the soil to a depth of 35 feet was alluvial which again prevented trouble this was after the mine owners at bulong claimed the alluvial miners were actually mining the reef gold

here in vic dd a mate of mine found a heap of nuggets in a patch on some western mining lease, he took it and showed them and they told him to peg a claim, which he did, and found no more wm also did extensive searches around his claim and found none

ive got no probs with proper fair regulations, just the ones that are put in place to aid speculators who use it to write off purchases of new utes and the like and never do any works on "their" leases which I know used to be a condition to them keeping the lease, I have been through heaps of country in the west during my 12 months that had never seen a vehicle or indeed a person along any of the gazetted roads that traverse them for months if not longer

you are right it is a joke dd from yours and my perspectives which probably are light years apart, yet still we do agree it is a joke

dd your statement of people following pending leases around and sponging off people who register the leases etc is a bit of a joke as well how on earth do you think that all the great goldfields were opened up?? they were opened up usually by someone initially finding some gold pegging it and then registering it, as soon as they did a rush ensued,, which is why miners tried to get as much gold from a claim as possible before registering it

to me anyone with a lease should encourage others to prospect it as well, it would increase the value of the lease if more finds than only the ones you were capable of were brought to light, lets face it, no lease holder could be expected to walk over every square mtr of his lease and find every ounce of gold on it could he? ask any person who has found gold with a tector and he will tell you more often than not that it was found in an area that appeared to be well used even out of others detector holes or close by

in the old days you couldn't take out vast tracts of land like you can today which was heaps fairer than it is today

Letting people get the alluvial from around reef leases in the old days was fine. Letting people take gold of a lease that was pegged specifically for the alluvial is crap.
Also your statement of letting other people prospect the lease for me is pretty ridiculous. I have met hundreds of prospectors out here and very few ever inform the lease holders where they found gold. And why would I pay $1000s of dollars for leases to just let people come and take the gold?
I have kicked over 20 people of my Meekatharra lease in the last couple of weeks, and am sick to death of grey nomads playing dumb and making out they don't how use to tengraph. If you don't know how to use tengraph and know where you are, you shouldn't be out here, simple.
May aswell end the discussion here because you obviously think its fine to target leases that people have just pegged and I think it's a low act, so I can't see any point debating it.

DD

you obviously cant read too well perhaps its the blood pressure, I never said I go onto leases prospecting where its not pending I said a dh tried to get us off a lease thast we weren't doing anything more than looking 9which way the gullies ran etc) cos where we were going was a blue lease next door
as for very few people telling leaseholders and or companies where they found gold that is crap at least as far as im concerned, ireclon I know about less than 10 people personally who detect regularly out if them there is 4 counting myself that do pretty regular, I have never found any mpore than an at most at a time 2 of my mates made heaps out of it, one on tribute to a leaseholder and the other, the guy I mentioned about wmc
btw who actually owns the ground the leases are on? why its public land of course isn't it and leaseholders get it for a pittance manipulate the system and still winge

I don't understand your hostility and insults towards me, what's with this blood pressure crap? I'm in my thirties with perfect blood pressure.
Sober up and try writing a legible response that makes sense, I can't even read half of that dribble.

I won't be responding as I said I didn't want a debate over it, you sure your not from the detecting4umer with an attitude like this?

DD

I am sorry jedda, but I have read your posts exactly the same way as DD has - perhaps you should re-read what you have written; maybe you will realise that it (may not be) what you exactly intended to say??

Lets keep it civil guys and please refrain from making personal insults as this will not be tolerated.

Latest posts