1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
That bar is gonna weigh a bit mate ?!
Mackka
yeah it will Mackka , the draw bar has to support the front tool box, where I will put the batteries for the solar-electrics and also a gas bottle and 2 x Jerry can holders either side of the tool box..
Hoping with the Treg off road hitch and the added ground clearance, the camper will be perfect for going off road..

Looking great nucopia,heavy duty!!!
Draw bar looks 100x50 x4?
Whats the small bit of rhs inbetween the legs at the rear for,a rear hitch or something?

Looking good Nuco....hopefully see it here again this year :Y:

We are getting there

1517023983_image.jpg

1517024037_image.jpg

1517024108_image.jpg

Goldchaser1 said:
Looking great nucopia,heavy duty!!!
Draw bar looks 100x50 x4?
Whats the small bit of rhs inbetween the legs at the rear for,a rear hitch or something?
Its just a temporary piece of box RHS we tack welded there, so we could get a centre line and also a point to attache the ground lead for the welder.
Yep the draw bar is made frome 100x50x4mm RHS..

Yeah BW your right, its a compromise.. I loose a little manuvarability but I gain a lot more length at the front to put the tool box gas bottles Jerry cans and stone guard.
The longer A frame plus tool box etc also helps balance out the weight of the 85ltre water tank at the back. The towing hitch I'm putting on is a Treg off road hitch its rated @3000 kg and the way we have set it up, it should be similar to or the same as what is used for a much heavier 2,500 kg caravan.

Just sitting here planning our next move..
This is an idea we have for the front of the camper..
Tool box plus 2 x jerry cans either side of the tools box and gas bottle in front.
Also planning to make a stone guard as well ..

1517094179_image.jpg

1517094325_image.jpg