1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a 1993 Bushman camper trailer cheap.
Needs a bit of work and TLC to modernize and make it a bit more self sufficient out bush.
Water tank, solar/panel AGM battery slide out camp kitchen and some cosmetics to remove the rust on the draw bar and repaint the front of the trailer plus some refurbishment/waterproofing of the canvas.
Here is what I have to work with. Will post more pics of my progress as I get things done.
1470451863_start.jpg

Stage one.
Removed the canvas tent and started by taking out the box gal steel bed frame and two storage areas underneath.
Will cut and measure them to raise the bed frame so it is level with the top of the trailer and gives me an added 6 inches of storage space underneath. Going put on 4 hinges and 2 gas struts so I can lift the bed for easy access to the storage area.
1470452692_13931586_1271959352838888_2008899668_o.jpg

This is where I plan to build and place a slide out kitchen.
1470453141_13884343_1269995479701942_329417463_n.jpg

Ok, i'll ask the tough question... What colour are you going to paint it nucopia? ;)

Thanks Jaros
Probably take me a few weeks if it stops raining I recon.
SCROUNGER said:
Ok, i'll ask the tough question... What colour are you going to paint it nucopia? ;)

Hey Scrounger.
probably going to keep it the original color ( Bunning's can do a color match) and just freshen it up with a new coat of paint.

Almost finished the bed frame and support base. Just need to finish painting it with hammer coat .
Next is drill the holes to secure the base to the trailer floor and install the hinges and gas struts.
Bought strips of adhesive backed rubber to place under the bed frame for a snug fit to the support frame and on the side of the trailer where it will open for under storage access.

1470988998_frame_1.jpg

1470988998_frame_2.jpg

You've got more toys that TOY WORLD there nucopia. I can't believe Mrs Nucopia let you get away with another one :lol:

bahahaha Mrs Nucopia was the one that picked out the camper and left it to me to fix.. :(

The toys are all my mates play things. He is a motor re-builder that collects jet skies cars motor bikes and caravans etc .
You should see the back of his place its full of jet skies motor bikes and a corvette stingray being restored.. 8)
Im just using his workshop, as I dont have any space to work on the camper at my place.

Still a ways to go yet Jaros...
Installing the water tank hoses and ply wood tomorrow.
Then the runners for the slid out kitchen.
After that a lot of painting, a tool box on the draw bar and wiring for electrics.

Some times if the bed is too high the tent will not fold down properly.. have to allow for the matress /pillows/blankets ect.. not saying yours is.. :)

kawman said:
Some times if the bed is too high the tent will not fold down properly.. have to allow for the matress /pillows/blankets ect.. not saying yours is.. :)

Thanks kawman
I made allowance so that when its finished the aluminum canopy poles will lay down so the mattress fits inside when folded for travel.

Latest posts