HTY's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LC76 said:
Didnt realise that was still crown land in there ....dammit lol its just up the road from me and i never thought to look in there.
Nice example HTY that bit would be worthy of a polish and mount it on display.
near there not at Victoria hill its self as its a mining reserve

Safety disclaimer: Exploring abandoned mineshafts is an extremely dangerous hobby, Prospecting Australia and any associated administrators and moderators will not be held responsible for any accidents, injury or deaths occuring due to people exploring abandoned mines. We do not recommend anyone to attempt such activities even if they do have relevant qualifications in abseiling, cave exploration and confined spaces.

As you can see here is my mate going down with the correct safety equipment is was not a deep shaft when i say not deep im used to going down to depths of 60 to 90 meters down this was about 30m

20160830_120617 by ,

Mate like a lot of ppl I watch what you get up to and shudder a bit LOL, but I'll say this... the old timers had a certain devilry in them, a fugget attitude when as your name goes "hunting the yellow", you are a chip off their old block mate, born in the wrong era maybe, I tip my hat to you for the stuff you get up to, you are one of the few that truly walk in their footsteps (often literally)

ColinD said:
Mate like a lot of ppl I watch what you get up to and shudder a bit LOL, but I'll say this... the old timers had a certain devilry in them, a fugget attitude when as your name goes "hunting the yellow", you are a chip off their old block mate, born in the wrong era maybe, I tip my hat to you for the stuff you get up to, you are one of the few that truly walk in their footsteps (often literally)

Hahaha yeah born 150 years too late lol

There is not many young people that do the kind of work and things I do

Yeah I know I do try to point out the dangers I'm not a stupid person when it comes to going down shafts. However I have seen others who have pulled out old timbers that supported unstable ground on their way down shafts I never do this because you just never know what it's holding. Generally speaking if you can move it with only 1 finger then I would make it safe but if you have to pull on it to drop it down the shaft in most cases it's holding something bigger from falling.

Latest posts