B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quicky on Saturday night
1482113740_pow_004.jpg

1482113740_pow_005.jpg

Sunday night's effort
1482113789_pow_006.jpg

Was busy looking for silvers before xmas and got a bunch of toast penny's :rolleyes:
1482889956_ccc_005.jpg

1482889956_ccc_006.jpg

1930 or 36 :eek: just cant get the corrosion off the date yet :lol: :lol: :lol: looking like 1930 :D
1482889957_ccc_007.jpg

finally got PD's from 2 spots I've been trying to find an old trail
1482890083_ccc_008.jpg

1482890083_ccc_009.jpg

Freddo on the fence :lol: :lol: :lol:
1482890138_ccc_004.jpg

Mmmmm silvers :cool: :cool:
definately 1930 penny ,..... don't clean it anymire, sell it as is ! :eek: 8) :eek: :D

Thanks guys :8 :8 :8 I keep convincing myself it is 1930 as the 6 in 36 isn't looking right but cant get the s$#t off the date :lol: :lol: :lol:
knowing my luck I've got the only 1980 penny in existence :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know about destroying rare coins by cleaning but,
A few small drops of Olive oil over the verdigris will
gently lift most of it off without destroying the patina.
Let it soak for a week wrapped in light cloth.
Stop when you can make out the date.
Good Luck...

Thanks Doug, will definitely let it soak for longer ;)
Can't expect 80 years of dirt to fall off in 2 days so will avert back to patience :)

An interesting mix of finds there B5MECH, get gridding over there mate.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks SinHof, I think I got to wait for the garbage around here to be emptied seems to be overflowing in the spots I want to be :lol:
Just when I finish picking up all the surface caps the buggers here go and buy another pallet of beer and start flicking caps at each other again :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pulled out a few good pre-decs mate, the corrosion on those coppers usually leaves deep pitting on the surface of the coin once the oxidation is removed, bit of a 50/50 on whether they are worth cleaning at times. :)

The coppers are usually toast around here GP, but the one now is the question of is it or is it not :/
It doesn't look like corrosion hiding the magic 0 but it's hard as, almost makes me think it's copper deposit growing on it to ruin the coin of the year find :lol: :rolleyes:

cool stuff mate keeps me going when i even find junk cause i know i'll find something good one day lol
cheers sully

Evening B5MECH,
Great to see you are still pulling some goldies, north of you the scene is pretty quiet, particularly the beaches, quite a surprise given the beach traffic in recent days.
Enjoy New Years Eve, SinHof.

Happy New Year SinHof :)
I ran the makro down the beach last night for $2.60 and 2 sinkers :lol: :( hoping that changes soon :rolleyes:
Had a look at one of the main ones that is near and the place was almost empty today
Bring on the new year traffic :)

Latest posts