black series camper trailers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gday everyone.

just chasing people's opinions on the black series camper trailers. does anyone own one or have owned one.

just trying to decide on which one I want to get.

I just down loaded the brochure!
They seem to be pretty much perfect, depends on your bdget I suppose, I would go for maximum water supply, power source and quick and un complicated to pack up quick....they all seem to add toilet, all have duel battery set up, some have solar panels.
Solar panels can be got off e bay cheap, size of battery can be yours. Water tank should be at least 60 lt, and you can add to that easy via jerry cans, or any number of methods.
They seem pretty cheap. The sergeant would probably do me, and you can then customise from there.
Beats doing it yourself! Im making a camper from a tradies trailer, and its functional.

AussieGamer_Ben said:
gday everyone.

just chasing people's opinions on the black series camper trailers. does anyone own one or have owned one.

just trying to decide on which one I want to get.
keep us posted if and when you buy something AG Ben as there'd be a few here that would be interested in what path you go down including me. Hey Davent, don't forget to keep posting your trailer mods either mate :lol:

Hi mate iv got a 2014 black series gal dipped trailer 12ft tent enclosable anex water tank boat rack electric and over ride brakes in brand new condition brought it brand new unfortunatly now have to sell

Hard Luck said:
You can also visit the myswag site.
Lots of reviews of camper trailers on there.

You won't find many reviews on Black campers [formerly GIC] as they took court proceedings
against Myswag and they had to remove all the not so favorable reviews.
They many have changed, who knows.

Redfin said:
Hard Luck said:
You can also visit the myswag site.
Lots of reviews of camper trailers on there.

You won't find many reviews on Black campers [formerly GIC] as they took court proceedings
against Myswag and they had to remove all the not so favorable reviews.
They many have changed, who knows.

Yeah, I remember that. Didn't know they had renamed the company. Haven't been on there for a while but a great site if you are thinking of purchasing a camper trailer.

I'm currently going through the process of looking for a forward folding hard floor camper myself and one of the Black Series campers is on my list. I have spent a fare bit of time researching both them and a couple of others, so I would be interested in any feedback on campers that anyone would have. Redfin that is a very interesting comment you make regarding the court proceedings, I didn't know that!

Hey Keano, be great if you could keep us all posted as well if and when you settle on something. I've given up at the moment because i want too many things in one rig and can't narrow it down. good luck :)

baw1983 said:
Hi mate iv got a 2014 black series gal dipped trailer 12ft tent enclosable anex water tank boat rack electric and over ride brakes in brand new condition brought it brand new unfortunatly now have to sell

have u got pics, price and more info

Hey Scrounger,

Similar to you I have found that I will never get everything I want. I think that was the biggest hurdle that I had to get over and now that I have I'm just working to a budget. I'm fortunately enough to be in a position to be able to purchase a hard floor, so there's the first tick! Then was it to be forward or rear folding. This was a easy discison for me, forward folding it is, tick two. Now it starts to get a little harder. Water capacity, storage space, is the fridge space large enough to hold our current fridge, construction quality, etc. and believe you me the list goes on forever.

What I have found though, is out of the 100 odd campers sold in Australia, a large percentage are manufactured over in China and then shipped here to be sold. Some brands will do some minor fit up works over here before their sold. The other thing is in the price range I'm looking at they are all pretty much the same. Yes one may have a slightly different set up, or slightly more water capacity, etc, however then this is offset by another company giving you some slightly different that you may like also.

Then you throw in the most challenging part of the project-the good wife! Given this is going to be a family camper there was always going to be some imput. And as expected we both had a different favorite! The best thing I did was get a very large white board and list the specifications on the 3 campers we have narrowed it down to! Saying all that though, it may all be thrown out the window when we attended the 4x4 show in mid August!

As mentioned in a previous post I would appreciate any feedback or advice anyone may have. Every little bit helps.

Cheers Keano

And I will be sure to keep everyone posted. The decision won't be made for at least a month, so I'm not sure if that will help anyone.

Cheers Keano

Cheers Keano,
Yep, i've been holding off to checkout the 4x4 show as well. That might help me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi folks,

The wife and I purchased a brand new MDC Cruiser Highrise Forward Fold last October and we love it. Most of the camper trailer are made in China now with some parts of them fitted out here in oz. We have had a few minor issues that have all been fixed by yours truly in the shed. Parts with sharp edges that need grinding and repainting, tent pegs that lose the tang when hammered into hard ground (nothing a little bit of weld either side couldn't fix) and cheap shock absorber that leaked and replaced under warranty. Mind you, if you do a full shockie charge, you have to take off both tyres and the water tank. I will make a modication to fix that problem when I need to replace another shockie.

We decided on this one instead of the Jackson FF because of the 3 batteries, larger water tank, bigger fridge space, innerspring matress, larger electric brakes and 2 spare tyres. Any questions about the Cruiser feel free to ask.

Doug

IMO your better off spending a bit more initially & saving yourself trouble later on. Not saying you definitely won't have any issues with Australian made campers but at least you will have peace of mind knowing you'll have access to warranty/back up support from a reputable manufacturer.

http://www.australianmanufacturedcampertrailers.org.au/

AussieGamer_Ben said:
baw1983 said:

have u got pics, price and more info
Il try put the link up to the ad I have on gumtree this is my second gic trailer the first one was pretty poor build quality so after contacting gic with my problems the replaced the unit, the build quality of this one is far better than the first one I wont take any less than $4000 its only got about 2000kms on it its brand new condituon

Hi All,

Unfortunately it has been way to long since I've been on PA. In that time though I have purchased an Ezytrail Stirling LX. Fare to say that there was a significant amount of hours put in ensuring I purchased the right camper for my families needs and to fit into our budget. Since the purchase I have fitted a Redarc Manager 30 battery management system among a big list of other things.

Really excited to get it out of the shed and into the bush where it belongs. The next 6 months will be 2-3 day weekend trips with the aim of doing a trip up to northern Queensland in April May. :D :D :D

1476695189_img_4269.jpg

1476695228_img_4270.jpg

1476695267_img_4271.jpg

Latest posts