Deus volume question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

have looked over the manual again and after some help re speaker volume (not headphones) - can this be adjusted? On a quiet night the preset is louder than i need...not sure if adjusting the target audio response volume is the go?

Mostly using deus fast pgm

thanks guys, amazing machine

Pretty sure it can't be adjusted on the main speaker, only the headphone volume. If I night detect, I just use the WS4 backphones to help not draw any attention to myself.

I wouldn't use the audio response control, all that does is amplify the audio from deeper targets, not necessarily control the overall volume.

Fitting a protective aftermarket control box cover will dampen the volume a fair bit, so much so that I have to remove mine in some noisier areas to enable me to hear it properly. You can pick them up off ebay pretty cheap, with most being from the UK or Europe. :)

Not much more to add than what Gold pick described. No volume adjustment on the remote.

I find the Hip mount case will offer some sound muffling when you need it, Alternatively,

FX-02 wired back phones might be a cheap solution, they are like the WS4 in style but wired and have volume control with them.

Nice and light at 64 grams, they are a good set to have if you need to go to stealth mode but want to be able to hear whats going on around you.

1468907290_fx-02.jpg

Just watch the aftermarket cases if you decide to attach it to the shaft, they have been known to break the clip with the extra weight of the case.

Happy hunting

Clegy

Just to clarify, the covers I use and mentioned above are soft ones, not the waterproof enclosures that Clegy mentioned. The soft covers do muffle the speaker to a degree, though I prefer to use the WS4 backphones for a majority of my detecting. I wouldn't really recommend using the remote speaker if searching for deep pre-decimals, as you may miss faint targets over the ambient background noise, stick to the headphones.

I recently purchased this set off ebay to give a bit more protection to the shaft assembly, and remote. The material is much thicker than on the current cover, and the price and shipping is very reasonable. The neoprene stem cover simply gathers up when the upper shaft is retracted, so no need to remove it everytime the Deus is packed away. :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PROTECTO...960065?hash=item46503e2281:g:mlMAAOSwLnlWopTT

thank you so much guys, really appreciate being able to tap into your wealth of knowledge:) headphones clearly an easy solution to the excess noise...i often have my dog with me though and he likes a chat (to me or other surprise visitors) that i might not hear! Reckon i will try the covers goldpick and i'll see the difference. If i am without doggo i'll try the headphones. tks again

To me using the WS4 backphones is a lot better than using the external speaker, you can still hear and be aware on what is going on around you, but still have enough noise isolation to be able to pick up on fainter tones (and lack of sweaty ears). ;) I do have a set of full muff Chefphones for the backphone controller, I have yet to use them as the backphone audio is a lot crisper, and also for the above reasons.

1468933769_img_20160719_224859.jpg

Latest posts