Wearing the remote on your arm.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought an iphone4 sports armband for the deus remote. Thought it would be useful at the beach, and these are cheap, $1.15, (made from wetsuit material) including post from ebay (china). It arrived today, about 3 weeks. Does the job really well. Actually, pretty handy it did as the remote mount on my deus broke yesterday, and RJs did a few weeks ago.
1467008555_20160627_160959.jpg
1467008585_20160626_110804-1.jpg

Geez you guys are hard on your gear, mine is still fine after nearly a year of abuse. :eek: I'm thinking it might have had something to do with the extra weight of the waterproof enclosure being too much for the factory box mount. The mount is pretty inexpensive to purchase, not sure whether Clegy has any.

The original control box mount actually used to be magnetic before they changed over to the current clip (too many owners lost their control box with the magnetic one). ;)

I think it probably would, the aftermarket waterproof housing weighs in at around 160 grams, whereas the control box only weighs about 97 grams. So about a quarter of a kilo in total hanging off that small plastic clip. ;)

Jeez lucky Minelab don't make them or there'd be a interweb blow up about that

Lol, some people can be a bit precious at times over such minor issues, not to worry, the clip is just an off the shelf part. :)

Having the remote on arm is the way to go, especially when chasing goldies, and I haven`t broken my mount, just is so much more useful. You can be swinging the coil wherever but the remote with ID is just there, usually wear it on inside of wrist, I feel it is one of the significant reasons a Deus is the go, only one of them, there is many more.

No Deus bashing, minelab owners are a strange breed lol just checked the weight of housing....yep its heavier than the remote! I cant blame xp then :)

Heh, I`m a ML long term user (20 odd years, definitely odd...........) but I love my Deus almost as much as my Z & SDC. I use the IPhone arm band, cheap as chips and functional, but I love that GoFinds armband, the Deus remote looks bloody good in it.

rocketaroo said:
No Deus bashing, minelab owners are a strange breed lol just checked the weight of housing....yep its heavier than the remote! I cant blame xp then :)
Wasn't bashing the Deus at all champ. I guess we are (or I am) a strange breed. I actually got a bit of a giggle out of a fairly minor issue with another high end brand + the fixes coming in. Seems familiar...... :D
I wonder who'll be first to post a fix/beef up for the actual mount. :lol:

Hi Folks,

That's three in the last few weeks and all have had the waterproof housing on the remote. I think goldpick is right saying that the extra weight is just not designed to hang off the clip.
I'll replace 'em for free this time around as we all learned a lesson I guess.

Now for the FUN Bit.

I have ONE In stock, so Pistols at 10 paces should be a suitable way to sort it out. Will the winner please PM me as I don't want to cause any further grief at the losers house by sending them mail.

Will order some parts this week Guys, I didn't anticipate this one sorry but half dozen should solve the immediate drama.

BTW I wasn't ignoring your text rocket, well actually I was as I was out hunting this weekend. :)

Cheers all,"

Clegy

Very generous Clegy, first in, best dressed this time around. ;) Being plastic, these clips were always going to wear out over time, even more so if not kept nice and clean on a regular basis (not the cause in this case). As mentioned, I have had no issues with mine, and even though I have the same water proof housing as Rocket & RJ, I have yet to use it - and probably won't now.

It also doesn't help that the mount has to be located at the very bottom of the waterproof case, looks like it would put a fair bit of stress on the Deus clip in that position. Would be better if it was centrally mounted, but then it gets in the way of the hand grip.

Whilst the waterproof hard case is convenient clipped onto the stem, using the XP waterproof soft case with the arm strap might be a better option if worried about water ingress in wet weather or when at the beach. Then you can either run the waterproof bud earphones straight into the jack on back of the soft case, or alternatively, use the weather resistant WS4 backphones. (The headphone jack is hidden under the arm strap loop). :)

1467017308_img_20160627_182518.jpg

1467017326_img_20160627_182543.jpg

mbasko said:
rocketaroo said:
Wasn't bashing the Deus at all champ. I guess we are (or I am) a strange breed. I actually got a bit of a giggle out of a fairly minor issue with another high end brand + the fixes coming in. Seems familiar...... :D
I wonder who'll be first to post a fix/beef up for the actual mount. :lol:

actually champ, I meant that I wasnt deus bashing ;)

Thanks Clegy! and you 2 RJ.
:)

Goldpick said:
Whilst the waterproof hard case is convenient clipped onto the stem, using the XP waterproof soft case with the arm strap might be a better option if worried about water ingress in wet weather or when at the beach. Then you can either run the waterproof bud earphones straight into the jack on back of the soft case, or alternatively, use the weather resistant WS4 backphones. (The headphone jack is hidden under the arm strap loop). :)

I have bee using the Deus waterproof case and hanging it around my neck while on the beach. In easy reach if I want to change the settings.
I also ordered a couple of the clips in the pic below. The guy says they are not 3D printed but molded therefore stronger. I might talk to him and see if he can make the other half of the clip if it is stronger.

1467019008_xpclip.jpg

Latest posts