tradie trailer to prospecting/camper set up.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1466739154_20160622_0445481.jpg

ok so this is the start.
Its going to take some time to set up, so I will update this thread as I do some work.
1st job will be some water storage. Ive gone for poly pipe, 150mm. I know there are better options, but Ive decided to make use of the external rack and gravity. I am also aware of the health concerns of pvc for drinking water. It wil only hold about 45 to 50lt, and will be emptied when not in use. House plumbing uses the same pipe....

Looks like a very solid base for a camper mate. Look forward to following the build. Nice pipe in the last pic too. Good flow adjustment for your liking and disguised as a tap when discretion is required.

Had similar set up inside the canopy on previous vehicle.
When I needed extra water just fitted another 2 tees and added an extra striaght piece
Fitted another small tap to allow air inside pipe for better flow and air purge out when filling. I filled using regular garden hose
Before the extra tap fitting it took longer to fill and gurgled when taking water.

Following ur great build.
Cheers

Nice start davent. Where's the fridge and bar? A low 12V pressure air compressor (say a few adjustable PSI) and snap-on shower head (garden waterer) might make showering more pleasurable IMO. I look forward to seeing how it all comes together.

Its mid june, and I just clamped the brackets on, sweating like a jew on a freight train! Its 33 deg atm, and I dont mind a luke warm shower.
Took about 20mins to empty completley, so about 4 good washes there, more if you jusr wet down, turn off, lather up, on, rinse etc. Drinking water comes in nice brown bottles in the fridge! Or in jerry, s.
The 4 x 4 extendable shade is making me think hard. Normally mounted on roof racks, and I havnt had a good look at one yet.
I Want to mount one on thedoor, below the handles, so when I set up, open one side, extend the shade with the door up, maybe pop rivet one on?
Anyone have an idea?

Mate it would be too heavy and stick out both ends (meaning it will be bumped and broken in no time, better getting sail track pop riveted to bottom of door and motor trimmer to make a canvas tarp to fit sail track and a couple of eyelets fitted for tent poles, i have a mate who can make one cheaply in 2.5 mtrs wide and length of your door and post it down to you, you would just have to fit the sail track , that way tarp when not in use could fold up and stick in trailer

advent. "sweating like a jew on a freight train" is probably a little politically incorrect. Suggest you change to: "sweating like a boogie boarder going through Indonesian Customs".

Yep, gonna shower ....out there.... :|

Work with an ex motor trimmer, so that idea is a good one, ta.

I hate political correctness more than just about anything. And I work with an Israeli, he thinks its funny in a dark kind of way, and he refers to us Aussies as convicts.

nicko61 said:
Mate it would be too heavy and stick out both ends (meaning it will be bumped and broken in no time, better getting sail track pop riveted to bottom of door and motor trimmer to make a canvas tarp to fit sail track and a couple of eyelets fitted for tent poles, i have a mate who can make one cheaply in 2.5 mtrs wide and length of your door and post it down to you, you would just have to fit the sail track , that way tarp when not in use could fold up and stick in trailer
Love the idea! Work with an ex motor trimmer who could do it easy for me, thanks for the idea! Will put the sail track on both sides of the trailer, then I can change sides to suit! Great idea!
:eek:
Post it down to me? Are you in PNG?

BigWave said:
advent. "sweating like a jew on a freight train" is probably a little politically incorrect. Suggest you change to: "sweating like a boogie boarder going through Indonesian Customs".

Youre probably right. I HATE political correctness.

Hey Davent how thick is the pipe? its just you are going to have about 45 to 50kgs weight and its only supported at the ends. Will it need support in the middle in rough country. Maybe not but just putting it out there.

Latest posts