SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the same rays of light, shining through the clouds, this morn on the beach. Lotsa 5cents around, tricking us into thinking they are 6 pences.

Good luck finding that sovereign SinHof.

Found an interesting bell , possible a trophy, a couple of trips ago with the 705. The 3030 should be a great weapon on the trashy areas and I am expecting to see some interesting finds when you get a chance to share your adventure.

Enjoy

Hi, Guys,
Five cent coins, I think I must have been tracking someone who had a win on a five cent pokie and put the winnings into a pocket with a large hole in it.
Rocket, how did you go digging targets with all of thoes stones? drove me nuts on Friday, jolly hard work.
Cheers SinHof.

If it's too hard amongst the rocks just leave it for me, I'll get to it one day. :lol:

SinHof said:
Hi, Guys,
Five cent coins, I think I must have been tracking someone who had a win on a five cent pokie and put the winnings into a pocket with a large hole in it.
Rocket, how did you go digging targets with all of thoes stones? drove me nuts on Friday, jolly hard work.
Cheers SinHof.

Slows ya down those buried rocks, and shells, gotta wiggle the scoop around them.

Hi SinHof.
Even though I am gentle with my scoop it is flexing in the stones n gravel. It's a bit of a surprise when you stamp on the scoop to bury it in the sand and a rock or shell stops it dead or deflects it. :eek:

Hi Guys,
I think we are talking about the same location or near as dam it, got there Friday morning and thought "this looks good", rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish,found the one small patch with four pre-decimal; came away pretty disappointed and tried a local park on the way home.
Still got the L plates on with the 3030 with the exception of five cent coins.
Take care, SinHof.

Thanks Wally69, Looking forward to the trip, should be good with the old camps/huts that I've located, with a bit of luck no-one will have paid much attention to them with a dedicated treasure/relic/coin machine.
Stay tuned.
SinHof.

I've had a couple of less than ideal detecting weeks too mate, you know how it is..... "when you're hot you're hot", soon you'll hit a a patch of good dirt and it will all pay off, I reckon you have learned heaps about the CTX too, you've certainly put good time into it.

All the best on the gold trip, hope you clean up and get a few nice nugs and some nice relics, looking forward to seeing how you go. Gotta be a sov out there somewhere. :)

Hi sin Hof

Nobbys gets a good work over from a couple of older guys. I know most mornings during the week

then they go up to Newcastle baths then on Newcastle beach seems to be their thing they probably leave the 5 cents behind
As they told me they only chase gold coins but they look crusty so been there a while

Mr T

Thanks Heatho, sure looking forward to the trip;will keep you posted.
Thanks also MrT for the heads up on the Newcastle beaches.
Cheers,SinHof.

Hi Gang,
Well the weather put paid to what was going to be a ten day detecting trip, the first three and a half days were OK but then the heavy rain and strong wind set in.
I managed to get a few hours in with the 3030 and checked out some of the old timer's camp sites, result wise was a little disappointing, most of the targets were hi FE and continually blanking the machine, the few targets that were dug were broken parts of odd items and one sixpence.
The one find that caused some excitement was a pair of very old hand cuffs, the area we were working dates back to the early 1850's and research indicates there was a fair amount of lawlessness during the early days, one can only wonder the history of the cuffs and who was locked into them and why.
Gold wise, the story is much better, 20.2 grams cleaned weight with one nugget going a neat 12 grams, pretty happy with that.
1466581578_gold_field_finds.jpg

1466581578_hand_cuffs..jpg

Cheers, SinHof.

G'Day Rocket,
Yes I was wondering about their value, not sure on how to find out, google would probably be a good place to start,any other suggestions?
Cheers, SinHof.

Write the story keep the photos with it in a frame, that way it has provenence from now forward and a place it came from back then, research the story of the local cops back then, include a few photos from then as well.
big bucks assured for in the future then. :D

Hi Folks,
A bit of an up-date on the hand cuffs; they may well be "leg irons" will keep chasing further information.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts