SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi B5, yes, lucky to pick up two, apart from the discolouration they are in beautiful condition, google, confirmed British.
SinHof.

Thanks Heatho, not sure about cleaning them? worth it or not? they would look great as brite copper.
Cheers, SinHof.

G'Day/Evening All,
Not been very active of late, too much other stuff going on keeping me from doing too much detecting; an hour or two here and there mucking about on the turf with enough spendables to keep a bit of wine in the cupboard. Had a chance to slip the chain and go try my luck on the beach for a change, been a while since I've put in a few hours on a beach, so it was a pleasant change, as it turned out, the two back-to-bach hunts a few hours apart were really great, a PB for me since purchasing the CTX3030 and certainly put a big smile on the better half's face when she counted up the hunt's finds. I was pretty happy too.
1489406330_20170313_201259.jpg

Apart from the decimals, a fair number of sinkers and metal fishing lures came to light along with the two rings, in all a great hunt.
Cheers, SinHof.

Ring a ding ca-ching SinHof, money city going on there mate !
8) :eek: 8) :eek: :p :Y: :cool: :cool: :rainbow: :rainbow: :party:

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the kind comments, the beach hunt was certainly well worth the time, a good many of the targets were 300mm plus in very hard packed sand, there were no hooks on the fishing lures so I guess they must have been in the sand for a fair length of time. Will try and make it back on the low tide and see what else is lurking in the depths.
Cheers, SinHof.
1489441324_20170314_082220.jpg

:eek: 8) :eek: :Y: Wow :cool: :Y: Looks like my resident coin thrower has moved up your way :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a killer run :eek: I did and Hour and a bit beach run for $3.30 the other night :rolleyes: :N:
Nice little silver heart ring too :cool: :Y:

G'Day Heath,Danny & B5,
Thanks for the comments, Low tide here ar 4.40PM, Me thinks I will have some lunch and throw the gear in the Cruiser and head back to the beach, a bit keen to explore the low tide line and see what if anything significant turns up.
Cheers, SinHof.

Damn SinHof ... thats a smashing result !!
How cool is it coming across patches with so many coins? :D
Get straight back down there asap , take every available opportunity to harvest while conditions allow
It can so easily all disappear with the next tide.
Good luck...
Cant wait to see what turns up today

HI B5 & Sandta,
Made it back to the beach for the low tide only to be driven off by high winds and soaking rain, third time drenched there in the last couple of weeks.
Managed to put up with the conditions for an hour working the hard sand just above the low tide line,got wiped out a couple of times when waves caught me napping, there is certainly a line of heavy targets at detectable depths to be explored, dug up another small 925 ring (not pictured) it's in a CAB to try cleaning the crud off it. The $1 coin is the worst example of a toasted goldie that I have unearthed, it's in pretty bad way, will be interesting to see what it looks like when cleaned, if that's possible. Most of the targets were quite deep, 250mm plus in the hard packed sand, strange as it may be, a ring pull/beavertail attached also came to light amongst the heavies, go figure!!!!! The tide is still workable tomorrow, if the wind/rain is OK it will be worth another run.
Cheers, SinHof.
1489486162_20170314_204010.jpg

In with a good chance of gold down amongst those heavies SinHof. :Y: :p :Y:

Latest posts