SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SinHof said:
Hi Folks'
Took the 3030 for a run on the beach this arvo and had a blast, plenty of targets to compare numbers to audio while the target was deep in the sand and then dig the target and see what the 3030 was on about, I now have a better idea about how some here love beach detecting.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1465293263_nobbys_07.06.16-001.jpg

Nice hunting mate, great work. :D

Any sterling silver jewellery should clean up nicely with a bit of a rub with soda bi carb paste.

Hi Fellow Swingers,
After yesterdays effort I thought a bloke had better get a bit serious while the beaches are in a mood to give up some of their goodies.
When was low tide this morning? 5Am I can hear the comments now,if he was out there at that time in the morning he's gotta be absolutely nuts; OK so I'm nuts.
That said though these last two sessions have been a great help in learning a thing or two with the 3030, too good an opportunity to miss and I love night detecting, fewer distractions particularly, on the beaches.
After having dug 49 five cent coins this morning I have a pretty good idea on what they sound like, the little critters just kept on coming, in all another fab session, might even go back later this arvo if the body is up to it.

1465354231_dawn_beach_swing.jpg

Cheers, SinHof.

Will do Sandta, looks like I have a bit of coin cleaning to do.
Cheers, SinHof.

Another productive hunt SinHof, can't complain about the sheer number of targets, even if many were 5c coins. Is the chain/locket hallmarked silver? :)

OOOh, very nice hunt, got to get myself down for some low tide hunts later this week, last 2 hunts were high tide. What's the shiny ring mate? Silver, Platinum??? :) Well done either way.

Hi Goldpick and Heatho,
Yes, the chain/locket is hallmarked silver a really nice little piece; the silver ring I have no idea on what its made from, no marks and is quite heavy for its size.
Hit the beach again this afternoon and went back to 5 cent ally, final count for the day, an incredible "55" can you believe that.
This last session had a bit of an international run in the finds,a 20cent Kiwi coin and a very interesting looking 1967 silver American dime.
The dime is interesting to me anyway because it's made in three pieces; silver faces with what looks like a copper centre, I don't know, maybe that is the way they are produced to keep the silver content down; anyone here got any clues on this?
Also in the finds is a three ring interlinked hallmarked silver ring, quite nice, I shall throw some pics up tomorrow.
Night All.
Cheers, SinHof.

The silver interlocking 3 rings would be what is known as a Russian wedding ring.The three rings represent Faith,Hope and Love and Yesterday,Today and Tomorrow.They are usually yellow gold,white gold and red or pinkish gold.

Hi Eldorado,
Many thanks for the info on the triple linked ring, it's marked 925 so I guess it's Stirling silver.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Had another early swing on a beach this morning and picked up my first pre-decimal coins; a shilling, a sixpence and a threepence plus a penny in the park on the way home; not sure of all the dates, still cleaning them.
SinHof.

Congratulations mate
Looking forward to seeing the pics
Its good to see your going great guns with your new machine
I wish i could say the same :rolleyes: i havent been able to get out again since our weekend meet.
Im planning on changing that this weekend though ;)
Providing the weather plays nice ... Im already as sick as a near dead dog :(

Hi Sandta,
Not good to hear you're still crook, perhaps you need to get out to the coast for some fresh salty air and have a swing at the same time.
I got onto a small patch about ten by three metres and the pre-decimals were all hiding there, they out numbered the decimal collection which is a bit of a change.
I plan on heading out to the gold country come Wednesday next week, I'm a bit tired of hearing the GPZ7000 screaming "take me, take me" when I pick up the 3030.
There are a fair few old miners camps/huts dating back to the mid 1800's out where I'm headed and that should provide a bit of a break from chasing the yellow stuff; looking forward to that side of the detecting game.
Cheers, Sinhof.
EDIT:
1465531639__mg_4236.jpg

This lot are pretty well encrusted with sand and will require some heavy cleaning;Dates both three p's 1943: six P 1945: Shilling 1955: and penny 1959.

Hi Ramjet,
I recon I was pretty lucky this morning, the coins were in a small patch in an otherwise coin-less stretch of beach several hundred metres in length, the penny was a sun baker in a local park.
SinHof.

Hi All,
Had a final fling on the beaches this morning before heading off to the gold fields in a day or two, not a lot happening where I was swinging, $2.65 in decimals and a cheap stainless steel ring.
I still can't get away from five cent coins, picked up another eleven, anyway it was a nice morning to be out and about not too many people on the beaches.
SinHof.

1465714905_20160612_081010.jpg

1465714905_20160612_112112.jpg

Latest posts