SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy mackerel, where is this going to end up, some very interesting theories being posted, one might have to wonder if some of you guys have been sniffing the Cadbury container, you gotta love fertile imaginations, loving it, thanks, don't stop.
Cheers, SinHof.

I wonder if he's down there now with the new bunnings shovel digging looking for it 8) :lol: :lol:
1480941747_1437731649_f6fe9940bf.jpg

Hi Guys,
I should point out that if the tide reached the beach spot where the Cadbury container was locate a hell of a lot of Australia would be under water.
Thanks for the comments, SinHof.

G'day Everyone,
Managed to make it out for a beach n park swing for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, it was pleasantly cool with a nice breeze, too good to be sitting at home. The afternoon produced another first for me in the ring collection, a rather heavy 7mm Tungsten Carbide men's wedding ring, I first thought it was SS but seemed too heavy, closer inspection revealed it was TC, pretty happy with the find.
The decimal spends bucket got some additions to round out a pretty rewarding afternoon hunt.
Cheers, SinHof.
1481073883_20161207_115545.jpg
1481073914_20161207_115122.jpg

Hi All,
TID for the ring on the 3030 was a steady, solid 12.30, it was down about 250mm in damp/dry sand just above the current high tide mark.
Out of interest I had a scratch around on the internet to try and find what sort of value the ring might be worth, depending on which site, it could be anything from $39 to $450, might have to go have a chat to old mate jeweller for a more accurate valuation.
The better half recons I should wear it, don't think soooooo, it will get in the way when pin pointing targets.
Cheers, SinHof.

Looks even better than a silver ring despite being tungten carbide. Found a few of those at the beach previously, almost as rare as finding a titanium ring - nice one. :)

Thanks Goldpick, it certainly looks cool and feels solid/heavy, apparently the second hand value for TC rings is bugger all, strange considering some of the retail prices new, it seems to boil down to TC having no intrinsic value, you can't smelt it or do anything else with it, not like gold or silver where they can be re-cycled into something new.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi All,
TID for the ring on the 3030 was a steady, solid 12.30, it was down about 250mm in damp/dry sand just above the current high tide mark.
Out of interest I had a scratch around on the internet to try and find what sort of value the ring might be worth, depending on which site, it could be anything from $39 to $450, might have to go have a chat to old mate jeweller for a more accurate valuation.
The better half recons I should wear it, don't think soooooo, it will get in the way when pin pointing targets.
Cheers, SinHof.
Hey SinHof, forgot to ask the 12.30 ID what coin range is the same as on the ctx? 20c? :)

Hi B5MECH,
The 50 cent coin is the closest at 12.28, 20 cent is 12.24, $1 is 12.39 and $2 12.38, these numbers are pretty consistent across all three coils.
Evening, SinHof.

Ahhh I think I would have missed them :rolleyes:
I sometimes get hooked on goldies and high tone PD's
Hope I find one of them :8

Latest posts