SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rocket,
Its been a crap day weather wise so spent a few hours putting an avatar together and photographing it and starting this new thread.
Lets hope the beaches loose a heap of sand so we can get out and have some productive fun.
Take care,
SinHof.

Should be some good gear to come from those storms if it removes a fair bit of sand vs dumping it. Keep us posted on how you go. :)

Hi again folks,
Had a bit of fun today putting a set and props together for my avatar, something constructive to soak up a few hours of this inclement weather, somewhere here is a larger file of the finished work.
Cheers, SinHof.

1465039577_pa_avitar-001.jpg

Yes Goldpick, it's absolutely flogging down rain here at the moment the wind has dropped off though, we will have to see what the morning brings, here's hoping some sand gets moved off the beaches.
Evening, SinHof.

Hi Heatho,
Just back from a quick swing down the beach a bit of sand has been washed out but most of it has just been moved from on location to another on the beach.
Picked up 3x$1-1x$2 2x 10 cents and 3x 1cent a bit of lunch money.
I will try a couple of beaches a bit further north and see what happens post lunch.
Cheers,SinHof.

G'day Sinhof, hmmm I thought this was going to be the one, maybe not though, some beaches around here have been smashed while others are not too bad. The big high tide is tonight and the actual low still is coming down the coast, I've still got some hope of it stripping some sand off, here's hoping.

I'm going to go out for a drive now and see how bad any erosion is. You're keen swinging in this weather. :D

Evening Heatho,
Thanks for the comment on the avatar, took a while to get the lighting just right, reflective items are always a challenge.
The rain really came down hard after lunch so I opted out on going for another swing;charging the 3030 batteries and watched a couple of fishing shows and a U.S. prospecting show.
Look out beaches tomorrow.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Rocket,
I had a swing between Merewether and Dixon Park this morning and while there was a bit of sand movement, for the most part it did not uncover any deeper layers, not that I could find.
Early in the session I specked a $1 coin (sun baker)and thought this could be a good spot but nothing came of it.
The tide was close to high and that coupled with the big swell made life interesting closer to the surf, thankfully I had enough sense to climb into my chest waders.
Tomorrow is another day and maybe things will improve somewhat and I will be able to try some of the other beaches, Nobbys could be a good bet.
Stay tuned.
SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Just arrived home after spending most of the day swinging on the local beaches; Ran into Ramjet first up and the area we were going to have a look at had been worked over earlier, bugger it looked pretty good.
I headed back south and tried a few more locations but the big blow and swell just piled tons of sand in the wrong spots, ditto for all of the four beaches I looked at.
Sum total of finds was 3x 20 cent and 2x 10 cent coins, had a good day though and had a chance to play with some different settings on the 3030.
Take care,
SinHof.

Hi Folks'
Took the 3030 for a run on the beach this arvo and had a blast, plenty of targets to compare numbers to audio while the target was deep in the sand and then dig the target and see what the 3030 was on about, I now have a better idea about how some here love beach detecting.

1465293263_nobbys_07.06.16-001.jpg

Thanks Guys,
I think I'm getting a bit of a handle on the machine; towards the end of the session I was able to nominate most of the one cent coins, there were plenty and the decimal goldies, pretty happy with that.
Cheers, SinHof.

Good onya SinHof, great hunting, just gotta get those photographical close up treasure shots happenning now, got me hanging thinking there were a few smaller silvers up on the left, just not sure though (not critical ,... just hanging on the edge of my seat). :D
Hopefully you walk over a trough of PDs next ! 8) :p

Latest posts