Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was sorting through the scrap bits n pieces this morning,
from yesterdays hunt
1465702906_image.jpg

Laxative tablets , stationary engine , and a triumph side car
1465703012_image.jpg

1465703037_image.jpg

BUGGA, left us all hanging on the date of the old thrippy too (ha).
Just shoot me a PM if you don't want everyone to know. ;) :lol:

Nah, she be all young and horwomanly there, gotta be an younger date on her. 8)

Must be a lot older to get the young queen.
1465730709_images-72.jpeg

not sure how old though.

The young head can range from 1838 - 1887, so a pretty vast number of dates to chose from. Regardless, still a very nice silver Sandta, look forward to seeing it cleaned up - here's hoping for an early date. ;)

No haste that would warrant scratching it at all, we could wait (days even if required) :lol:
hope it's 1838 :cool:

I concur. 8) :D
That's still a great find. :cool:
Recipe for success.
Two nice flat metal surfaces, two pieces of medium thickness leather, boil your coin to add heat, stack, metal leather hot coin leather metal, then hit the top of the stack with a hammer just enough to take out the bend, and you should have a straight coin if all goes well. ;)

Ok ,ill try to repeat what i lost last night.
Following Heatho's suggestion, i made a 'goldies & 50c' program
I went for a drive to a spot id been before ... "The park of plenty pull tabs" :rolleyes: :lol:
(This spot is directly in front of a kiosk and has produced many goldies in the past)
I started in standard coin mode. With every swing i got a dozen or more targets (pull tabs) :mad:
So i changed to the goldie & 50c mode ... AHHH ... much quieter ;)
I didnt find any goldies but did get the 3 50c coins
To my dismay though ,ring pulls with the beaver tail folded into the ring, give the same signal as those 50c so i ended up digging a heap of those too :rolleyes:
1465783091_image.jpg

Then i switched back to standard coin mode and went for a bit of a wander... Thats when i got the spendables , badges and the dozer (pictured above with the ring pulls)
1465783575_image.jpeg

Next spot i went to has also produced good finds in the past. First with the ace250 and then with the sovereign
So i thought it would be good to see what i could pull with the 3030 :p
A good test spot i figured, about 5 meters by 25 meters with almost no junk at all
The first target was the penny .. Under a tree , amongst the roots
The only other responses i got were Very ify signals.... And both turned out to be the threepences :D

Latest posts