Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came up a treat Sandta ! :p
worn side was probably facing up and copped all the weathering and wear over time, leaving the other side well protected. :D

Hey Sandta,
Mate!!!!! 1817 looks great compared to when we all drooled over it Sunday arvo, a mighty find indeed and with the new toy to boot.
Cheers, SinHof.

Nothing was gonna stop me from getting out n about today...
So i rugged up and dragged myself (coughing and spluttering)to a rather junky area that i have been before with the ace250
It may not have been the best place to hunt but i wanted to spend time trying to figure out this machine
I think it frustrated the shit out of me just as much as using the ace250 did here ....JUST SO MUCH GOING ON
Was using the same set up as last (first) time and mainly digging just the high tones
1465634065_image.jpg

Got a pretty interesting piece of military something.. :D
1465634191_image.jpg

1465634215_image.jpg

1465634638_image.jpg

1465634664_image.jpg

'45 and '24 pennies
1942 threepence
1465634378_image.jpg

925 ring (broken :()
1465634448_image.jpeg

1465634473_image.jpeg

925 earring
1465634595_image.jpeg

$4.65 in spendables
And a heap of screw caps , canslaw , lead and brass stuff ... The usual rubbish

Nice hunt Sandta, sometimes in these real junky spots can be difficult even with a CTX, this is where the custom user made programs with very narrow discrim patterns can help isolate good targets, don't worry about it too much yet but once you know the machine a bit better it's pretty easy to make say a just silver pre dec and goldie pattern.

Can't complain about that effort Sandta, you latched onto some good silver finds amongst the junk. Can only get better from here on in. ;)

Evening Sandta,
Good to see you are out and about having a swing with the new toy and picking up some interesting finds, onward and upwood from here mate.
This little swinger is starting to get a bit keen about heading out to the gold fields next week with the new toy, should be an interesting experience, stay tuned
Cheers, SinHof.

Heatho said:
Nice hunt Sandta, sometimes in these real junky spots can be difficult even with a CTX, this is where the custom user made programs with very narrow discrim patterns can help isolate good targets, don't worry about it too much yet but once you know the machine a bit better it's pretty easy to make say a just silver pre dec and goldie pattern.

Cheers mate,
Yes definately need to narrow that field for this type of site
i have got the tones seperated but they probably could be more finely tuned though
Its just after a while all those noises bouncing around in my head drive me nuts

Bagged some good extras Sandta, got me looking at the ACE250 in the corner and wondering now ,... Nah, all good, got my share + already ,... everything from here on in is a bonus everytime for me ,.. I'll be putting in fresh batteries for the Sunday morning hunt though, that's a given. :D
You gunna havta go over all your medium to great hunt sites again now though after bagging that lot of goodies with the CTX. :eek: 8) :cool: :D

Try detecting with an open screen, now that's fun on the ears. ;) You do get used identifying those high sweet conductors from the symphony of other tones with some practice, though it's not for everyone. :)

These are the 3 custom discrim patterns I've made to try to get the good targets out of heavy trash areas.

One is a pre dec, goldies, silver and should get most gold rings too type pattern.

Another is a tighter pattern for just pre dec, goldies and silver and the other is just for goldies and 50c coins.

They work a treat and are pretty easy to sample into the detector if you have all the targets you need. I've only made "accept" patterns as making reject patterns would be more difficult due to the very wide array of junk in the places I detect.

Pre dec, goldies, silver, gold jewellery
1465689103_20160612_094153.jpg

Pre dec, goldies, silver
1465689103_20160612_094212.jpg

Goldies and 50c only
1465689103_20160612_094355.jpg

Well hunted, and great finds. That Shilling is a beauty. The CTX is an awesome machine. When I get the time I want to find a spot to run my CTX and Deus side by side to see the comparison for myself. Congrats.

Latest posts