Camo Coils - Coiltek Elite range

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day folks, Could someone please tell me what those Camo coils are for the GP series and also which are the hottest 11 to 14 inch coils for the GP series and what sort of prices are we looking at,

Thanks Guy's, john

My understanding is the camo coloured coilteks are from the elite range. Sizes ect i have no knowledge on sd someone else will be able to answer though.

I don't have a clue about any of them, I know Nenad was testing out some hot coils but between these coils and NF and lord knows what others are out there, But I am a bit out of touch as to which or who makes what,

Thanks,, John

Yeah same here man ive just started out learning about coils so many options and variables however the names im always hearing are coiltek elite and also nf evos size wise for an all round size cant go wrong really with a 14"-15" round in either that being said though size will come down to what your after. Aparently with the new windings these elites and evos have they can preform like 3 coils in 1 so are probably worth the extra $$. Like i said though im no expert thats just what ive read about or heard from others PhaseTech has helped me greatly with a few of my questions regarding coils hopefully he will (or 1 of the many other knowledgeable members on here ) come along soon and help.ya out. :)

COILTEK ELITE COMO IN COLOUR 11INCH 14INCH 18INCH ROUND 17X? ELIPTICAL
NUGGET FINDER EVOLUTION GREY IN COLOUR 12INCH 15 INCH SOLID AND LIGHT WEIGHT ALL ROUND AND 17X13 INCH ELIPICAL
this may help regards john :)

old hand said:
COILTEK ELITE COMO IN COLOUR 11INCH 14INCH 18INCH ROUND 17X? ELIPTICAL
NUGGET FINDER EVOLUTION GREY IN COLOUR 12INCH 15 INCH SOLID AND LIGHT WEIGHT ALL ROUND AND 17X13 INCH ELIPICAL
this may help regards john :)

Thanks for that so there is s few of them then cor that is some ranges to choose from I was thinking about 11 to 14 / 15" sizes but I did not know about the elliptical models,

Well done

john

14 inch is a great coil. My mate was swinging that on his 4500 and was picking up everything I was with the 7000.

Ridge Runner Dont discount the Detech Ultimate coils like 14 and 15 spiral DD hav a look at some youtube video`s from StinkyPete3465
he shows the 15`s performance on a SD2200d with a .8 nugget and a .05 nugget and pinpointing abillity

Dave

All these new coils are using spiral wound Litz wire. Maybe slight variations, but essentially it is a flat stack of wire.

Coiltek Elite, Nugget Finder Evo and Detech Ultra/Ultimate. The Detech 15" DD is currently the only spiral wound DD coil available.

The most sensitive is the 14x9" Evo, followed closely by the 11" Elite, 11" Ultra and 12" Evo. They are mostly solid coils, but there are three spoked versions: 15" Evo spoke, 15" DD Detech (in my Avatar), and 18" Elite.

Lots of info in the Detector Accessories section

PhaseTech said:
All these new coils are using spiral wound Litz wire. Maybe slight variations, but essentially it is a flat stack of wire.

Coiltek Elite, Nugget Finder Evo and Detech Ultra/Ultimate. The Detech 15" DD is currently the only spiral wound DD coil available.

The most sensitive is the 14x9" Evo, followed closely by the 11" Elite, 11" Ultra and 12" Evo. They are mostly solid coils, but there are three spoked versions: 15" Evo spoke, 15" DD Detech (in my Avatar), and 18" Elite.

Strike a light there is a few to choose from,

Nenad move away from all sharp objects and sit down,,, I just bought a ML,, That's right I own a Minelab again :eek: :eek: Lol.

So I need a general coil and I want a good one for deep or what ever so for now can you pick 2 coils that will do the deed but remembering that I will also need a smaller-ish coil and something in between etc,

Sorry if the shock of me owning an ML has ruined your day but I am sure you can get Councelling for just such an Event,,

Thanks Mate,,, John

John!!!! I bought my TDI based on some of your advice!!!! I will sell it to you cheap if you want!
Ive already replaced it with a ML4500.

To be fair, I kinda like my TDI, its lighter, and in some ways easier to use.

davent said:
John!!!! I bought my TDI based on some of your advice!!!! I will sell it to you cheap if you want!
Ive already replaced it with a ML4500.

To be fair, I kinda like my TDI, its lighter, and in some ways easier to use.

I love what the TDI Pro can do, It is the best all rounder because of the way you can tune it, I still have my SL but It won't be any good for when I come back home because it needs that MOD update and in mild / normal ground the MXT with the 12" coil will match inch by inch having hit small toys and stuff at over 17 inches,

The TDI is a very clever machine and will hold it's own but if Gold is the primary target then there is only on Choice, Plus the price of the 4500 is too good to walk away from and the GP/GPX machines are hard core machines, Am I felt so Guilty when I sold my first one, It was like waving goodbye to an old friend but not as much fun a waving goodbye to the mother in Law, lol :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

john

RR I think the best all round coil is the 12 evo it gets good depth picks up the small pieces light to use i think you would be very happy with this coil
regards john :)

PhaseTech said:
The most sensitive is the 14x9" Evo, followed closely by the 11" Elite, 11" Ultra and 12" Evo.

G'day Nenad,

Be good if you could run another of the video tests you did previously but with the coils you mentioned above.

As I recall your previous video tests were with the 14" Elite, 14" Detech mono, 15" Evo and 12" Evo.

I know I would like to visually see the 12" Evo again up against the 14x9" Evo and the 11" Elite and Ultra.

Regards,
Rush

Ridge Runner said:
PhaseTech said:

Nenad move away from all sharp objects and sit down,,, I just bought a ML,, That's right I own a Minelab again :eek: :eek: Lol.

So I need a general coil and I want a good one for deep or what ever so for now can you pick 2 coils that will do the deed but remembering that I will also need a smaller-ish coil and something in between etc,

Sorry if the shock of me owning an ML has ruined your day but I am sure you can get Councelling for just such an Event,,

Thanks Mate,,, John

John, yes I know, I made an offer on that one, but it was too low. Glad you did a deal with our old mate :cool:

There are so many great coil options these days, but when it comes to the 3500, the million dollar question is: where will you use it?

PhaseTech said:
Ridge Runner said:
PhaseTech said:

Thanks Mate,,, John

John, yes I know, I made an offer on that one, but it was too low. Glad you did a deal with our old mate :cool:

There are so many great coil options these days, but when it comes to the 3500, the million dollar question is: where will you use it?

The Ground at it's worse would be about half as bad as the ground back home, A lot of it would be rotted Heather with Rocky out crops the soil might be deep in places ranging 3 to 4 feet, hope that helps,

My prospecting Partner has got us Access to a real out of the way Hot spot, Even panning he was pulling out some sizeable pickers/nuggets for UK standards, Also I have found out about a spot where some one pulled out a 1kg nugget quite a few years back, So I am looking in to that area too,

Considering the size of the Gold over here I need to get coils that are pretty hot and that will bring the best out of the 35, I can't get them over here So if you don't mind I would like to pester you to get me the ones that you think are the best for the job if it is not putting you out, I have to buy the other parts that are missing so as soon as I can get them then we can make a start on the coils, I need the hand grip with the Button/Cable and power lead and the Arm Cup that hold the Box to the shaft with the factory bolts etc and the Arm cup cover and Strap and that little clamp that goes on the shaft and so if you want to see what you can find and let me know the plan I would be grateful,

I phoned our old mate up and we were gas bagging for an hour or there abouts and it was like old times.

Thanks Nenad.

john

PS, I don't know if I can get the parts here but The hand Grip and the power lead is a must have Item if you can get them. I don't know if they are the same as those used on the 45 or 5k.

PhaseTech said:
the million dollar question is: where will you use it?
Yes - location may play a part. Are you gearing up for a return to oz? If so I'd reckon DD coils would be better options for the the GP series (I'm assuming you got that GP3500?).
Having used a Nugget Finder Advantage mono on the GP3500 in the "fluffy grey soil" :p of NSW & finding it still a bit much my own personal opinion is DD's are more user friendly on them.
My take on coils is:
GPX series mainly monos & at least one DD in case you need it
SD/GP series mainly DD's & at least one mono if you find areas you can use it
Reports on the Elite & Evolution mono coils on older machines seem to be mixed at best. I would try one before buying in Australian conditions at least.
I have seen somewhere that the Detech 15" Ultimate DD runs well on the SD/GP's & that would be the one I'd be seriously considering if running a SD/GP here.

Edit: written before I read the above post.

mbasko said:
PhaseTech said:
the million dollar question is: where will you use it?
Yes - location may play a part. Are you gearing up for a return to oz? If so I'd reckon DD coils would be better options for the the GP series (I'm assuming you got that GP3500?).
Having used a Nugget Finder Advantage mono on the GP3500 in the "fluffy grey soil" :p of NSW & finding it still a bit much my own personal opinion is DD's are more user friendly on them.
My take on coils is:
GPX series mainly monos & at least one DD in case you need it
SD/GP series mainly DD's & at least one mono if you find areas you can use it
Reports on the Elite & Evolution mono coils on older machines seem to be mixed at best. I would try one before buying in Australian conditions at least.
I have seen somewhere that the Detech 15" Ultimate DD runs well on the SD/GP's & that would be the one I'd be seriously considering if running a SD/GP here.

Edit: written before I read the above post.

Yes Matt, I got that GP3500, partly because I like the knobs and switches and also because I bought on new back in 2005/6 ish so it made sense to get something I was use to,

I want to use it over here, But the main reason / plan is to bring it back home and use it there because JJ has about a year +/- to go before he finishes college then I can get on with my plans,

To be honest the ground over here rarely goes above 75 to 80 on the MXTs meter maybe early 80s where as in OZ it goes well above to 90/95+ and here you can run a concentric up to about 75 and then it is time to run a DD on a VLF, So in terms of a PI the ground is pretty Lazy at best, my immediate area reads 57 to 64, readings above 50 is Iron based and below 50 is more Salt/Alkali based. I don't know if that helps that's my take on it.

Thanks Matt,

john

Latest posts