Brace yourselves......winter is coming.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
You could have coils under each snow boot with the wires wrapped around each leg for warmth leading back to the black box strapped to your chest?
Time for a coffee!! :/

Ha Haa Jaros :D
You sure needed a coffee alright mate!!!
I do like your lateral thinking or inventive idea's though.
Cheers Steve ;)

I got a pair of these insulated Bog's boots before the Trip to Tuena, and would thoroughly recommend them for cold weather camping. I used them as a sitting in the Tuena Hilton and hanging around the camp boots, rather than as a working gumboot. But they are so much warmer than a standard gum boot/thick sock combination. Comfort rating is -40c, and I don't know about that, but I was sure glad I had 'em last weekend.

http://www.bogsfootwear.com.au/shop/style/900035-001.html

1467342411_bogs.jpg

Haven't read the whole thread so it may have already been mentioned? When we used to swag it in WA goldfields years ago, obviously it didn't snow but the ground temperature was below zero. We always had a large nightly campfire. A shallow trenches were dug the area of our swags and before retiring we shoveled coals/rocks from the fire and then refilled trench and placed swag over the area and slept soundly.

Nightjar said:
Haven't read the whole thread so it may have already been mentioned? When we used to swag it in WA goldfields years ago, obviously it didn't snow but the ground temperature was below zero. We always had a large nightly campfire. A shallow trenches were dug the area of our swags and before retiring we shoveled coals/rocks from the fire and then refilled trench and placed swag over the area and slept soundly.

Now that's what I call Aussie ingenuity, bloody brilliant idea. Might add though better to dig the trench before the cans start flowing, just a thought.

Don't forget to detect the dirt as you are digging it out, bet it's one spot you have not detetected.

Mike.

You need a thick canvas tent which is waterproof and keeps out the cold.I recently purchased a Kimberly 9 canvas tent at Anaconda for $400. But that was back in august.They are selling now for $800, so I would wait till June.They can be put up in windy conditions as you peg them out first then go inside and put up the only pole. I have a jumbo sized sleeping bag as I cannot sleep in a constricted normal size,but the jumbo sized ones are hard to find. I bought two Wild Country stretches for $70 ea. at Rays and they are 2.1 m long.I camp out 2 weeks at a time so I need good equipment as the ground can become wet after a decent rain.

Latest posts