Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made this dolly pot on night shift :lol:
Heavy wall 4" pipe and some 25mm plate for base :Y:
Now i just need to find something to test it out on...... 8)
1505080814_20170911_011955-2241x3984.jpg

I am by no means a builder, but generally where there's a need i find a means. :p So out of some of my recent gold sales i bought a rough, cheap slide on camper, but had no way of lifting it on and off the ute. Although it's not exceptionally heavy it's a 2 man job, and i am but 1. So today i found the perfect use for those recycled 3 mtr permapine logs i salvaged from a gardening job nearly 20 years ago :D As i said i'm not a builder but it's neat enough and will do the job at no cost :Y:

1507518257_dsc02235.jpg

1507518293_dsc02237.jpg
1507518361_dsc02238.jpg

1507518494_dsc02236.jpg

cheers mate :) Considering they're uneven posts not too bad, although final adjustments are by eye as that's what has to be deceived, especially in older places ;) still going to add a couple of steel angles on the inside corners for extra load bearing strength. remains to be seen how i go turning the ute in the given distance :lol:
7.62marksman said:
looks good mate and level as well i am impressed well done :Y: :Y: :Y:

No stands yet marksman, but i have a few ideas, it will all depend on what i have on hand to use as too what gets made. it has to be up high enough to work on it without stooping :Y:
7.62marksman said:
I am sure you will work it out
Do you have stands to put it on or are you going to lower it onto bricks

I'll have a look in my shed's, i've got a habit of salvaging stuff when i do jobs for clients :rolleyes: i've got a fair collection of assorted timber :p I,m also going to have to make a jig up as the lifting shackles are welded in place all corners front and back, and i will be needing to keep the chain from rubbing against the canvas when hoisting.
7.62marksman said:
That was a quick one :lol: :lol:
If you can get some hard wood 4x2 or 4x4 they would last longer but all holes need to be pre drilled

G'day all great topics going on today I modified a 3$ planter spade into a relic plug digger I think it will be ok also modified my rake added abit of 25mm flirt to the back of rake think it will be good for rocks any way cheers Muk.
1507625546_img_1021.jpg

1507625546_img_1022.jpg

1507625547_img_1023.jpg

Don't know why my other photos didn't work will try again don't know what's going on won't let photos come through will try another time cheers Muk

Latest posts