Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bin burning the midnight oil.
Surf PI Pro DD from Tacoma 56 on Ebay- I only set up the box. The board was pre-made and tested by him.
The little board alongside the battery box is a Li-ion charge controller, so I can charge it from a normal 12v supply,e.g. cig lighter, but I have a 1w solar panel to mount on the detector so it charges constantly while in use.
I have a 10x5 DD Commander coil to go on it.
1453725867_camera_432.jpg

Digital Secohmmeter bought off Ebay- I soldered this one together- not tested yet.
This measures capacitance, frequency, and most importantly inductance, for when I make detector coils.
1453725901_camera_433.jpg
1453725948_camera_434.jpg

Woo Hoo !! Double success!! Tester works! And bugger-me-dead the bloody detector does too!!! It's not very loud through the speaker, but seems to be function OK it can pick up the metal debris under the path as good as the Groundhog. Waiting for the silastic to dry on the solar panel before mounting it, but it looks like a total success story....touch wood.. :) :) :)
1453780327_camera_435.jpg
1453780419_camera_436.jpg

Cheers Cracka. Done some more research on the surf-reckon I can get the volume up, reducing R22 value or changing MPS13 to MPS14, and need to check the inductance of the ML coil-it may be way off. Possible remedies are a home-made coil@ 250-300uH, some powdered milk packet(silver plastic) under the coil cover, which may allow for less delay, or a 10 turn pot in ether the Rx or Tx circuit. Currently I'm using old 18650s out my e-cig. Got the detector out in the sun charging at the moment. :D New batteries may help.

1454066000_235.jpg

Not quite something I made, more like restored.I think it probably used to be a pot plant stand.Probably had glass in the top.Picked it up during council cleanup.Somebody had painted it silver with a spray can(horrible job).I hit it with a wire wheel on the drill to remove the silver paint,I was going to repaint it but my wife said she likes it as it is.Stained some timber slats for the top and there you have it.

Shiver-me-timbers matey, that's a nice little haul there.
What's your insignia?- it's a bit hard to make out...

How do you get it to be 999.9 pure Humbolt, and what do you start off with ?
Some action shots would be good next time if you are up for it,.... would be good to see. :D
The photo above is great ! :p

silver said:
How do you get it to be 999.9 pure Humbolt, and what do you start off with ?
Some action shots would be good next time if you are up for it,.... would be good to see. :D
The photo above is great ! :p
these were from a lot of 9999 granule i had i think from perth mint
generally i only recover my silver with copper and reuse
but to acheive 4 9s is not so hard
heres a method i heard about
DONT TRY IT AT HOME
first dissolve impure silver in (HNO3)
then recover silver with copper remelt then dissolve again in(HNO3)
then cement out silver using say a lye sugar syrup combo (caution exothermic)
its one method but not the only one
then wash in boiling water several times wash then in a 1% solution of HNO3
and then wash wash wash again with boiling water
it will be very near if not 9999 pure then
cheers Humbolt :p

yeah perth mint sell it in granules or in bar/coins - i get them from people in adelaide who send silver to peter w beck to be refined

Latest posts