Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I'm after an aquamarine stone for a Christmas gift. I'm only starting with being able to set cab stones. Can anyone help? I'm willing to pay a bit for a nice one but need it asap

goldtruck59 said:
Well today I made all my fishing reels clean and lubed in readiness for the xmas fishathon in Portland.
Tight lines all you fishing prospectors.
GT :)
What fish will you be targeting GT?

2000th post that there question mate. I feel honoured !!!LOL, good topic to use it on.
Kingfish, gummys and squid mate and of course my favourite , KG Whiting. Yummo cant wait.
They aint the yummy coral Trout and Red emperors we get when we go up Broome way, but good tucker non the less.
GT

goldtruck59 said:
2000th post that there question mate. I feel honoured !!!LOL, good topic to use it on.
Kingfish, gummys and squid mate and of course my favourite , KG Whiting. Yummo cant wait.
They aint the yummy coral Trout and Red emperors we get when we go up Broome way, but good tucker non the less.
GT
Cheers mate, didn't see the 2000 :lol: But more than happy to spend it discussing fishing with you.
Yeah, i love KG whiting. The best southern Australian eating fish imo. A steak off a small kingfish is nice as well, good for people that aren't real keen on eating 'fishy' fish if that makes sense.
Have a good trip mate and may the fish gods be smiling down on you :lol: :lol:

Thanks Chew, appreciate that mate.
I'm back over on the Glenelg River this coming weekend. Camping this time though mate, and not taking the boat. Gunna be drinking beers with one of my nephews and drowning baits from the jetty. :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
goldtruck59 said:
GT
Cheers mate, didn't see the 2000 :lol: But more than happy to spend it discussing fishing with you.
Yeah, i love KG whiting. The best southern Australian eating fish imo. A steak off a small kingfish is nice as well, good for people that aren't real keen on eating 'fishy' fish if that makes sense.

13 more sleeps. Boxing day the fourby and the webster will be heading down to our shack where south easterly's blow with gay abandon LOL
Been fishing down there for over 20 years, beautiful part of Oz.

goldtruck59 said:
SCROUNGER said:
goldtruck59 said:
GT

13 more sleeps. Boxing day the fourby and the webster will be heading down to our shack where south easterly's blow with gay abandon LOL
Been fishing down there for over 20 years, beautiful part of Oz.
Amen to that GT :lol:

Feeling uneasy at watching the birds in my avery suffer this hot 42c day I scratched my head for an idea to help them beat the heat, so into my shed I went .. looked around ... found a round unused 20Lt plastic drum ... unused house solar panel ... old car radiator 12v fan ... and with plenty of electrical wire I began to build.

I took the drum ... with a jigsaw I cut out a large rectangle just above the centre line of the drum ... the cutout piece was matched and reshaped into a half moon so it could be fitted back in the drum at the open end, lined up horizontally with the cutout ... placed about 40mm into the drum from the open end.

The fan size was well suited to fit into the open end of a the drum with a little bit of modification and a dab of epoxy glue to secure it ...
Thereafter I went to work on the solar panel ... a few cuts ... a few jumper links .. a on off switch and two terminal posts were added .... A evaporative cooler was born.

By adding water into the sump I created in the drum when it is placed on its side I could turn on the power and blow air over the water ...creating a bit of coolness for my birds ... later I will add a small 12v water pump and line the drum with hessian mating to increase the evaporation area and increase the cooling.

Hey Paul you had better stop this great work of yours ... the way you are going, soon you'll be hanging up your detector to became a fulltime jeweller!! and we are going to lose another great guy.

Thanks mate. It's funny you mention that as I will be soon be offering up my service in making different coin jewelry for those who want to remember there oldest or best finds

Well here is what I will be offering to prospecting australia. I made a silver bezel for this old American barber quarter. It's 90% silver and has been polished to a high shine. I currently can make bezels and set the coin for either a pendant or a small charm from any prospectors finds eg that first silver you found or your oldest coin. Eventually I will be able to set them into a coin, make earrings etc.
7FA3A9DD-F9E9-4EB4-8EE1-A052EF79CF67_zps3p5oqzxo.jpg

C90D67B1-F03A-4AAA-9B01-99B4326504AD_zpsduqe8tuv.jpg

The cost will differ from coin to coin depending on the amount of silver required so the larger the coin the more silver required and would take longer

Very nice mate! Hope the coinhunters on here look you up.
By the way I'm a member of the Southern Seekers club here in Adelaide, they may appreciate your skills as well, they have a few good coin hunters.

Thanks Ozzie, let them know that I can be contacted here or on my Facebook page coinringssa
The one thing that the old man mentioned is that many just leave there finds in a box and don't really show many people, where as if you are wearing it or its on a key change its someone to talk about

Latest posts