Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Self contained emergency fire fighting unit
Have been toying with this idea for a while after the process was described to me while talking to a very tuned in chap in Ararat.
60 -70 litres of water ready to go with the turn of a tap, no power source required, handy on the back of the ute 4x4 etc. Or can be mounted directly onto a slasher for instant water if you cause a spark. Will supply a good pressured stream of water for approx. 5 - 10 minuets.
Will be putting together more of these units as materials come to hand if anyone is interested.

Captn
1448315495_img_0287_4.jpg

1448315550_img_0289_4.jpg

1448315599_img_0295_4.jpg

nice concept, funny i made my trommel from one of those barrels, i found a site in creswick state park where they have been being dumped found 3 so far.

Would i be right in assuming they are prepressurized via air compressor and ready to go all the time? makes perfect sense in this climate in victoria

Great idea, Brother in law has used one on his header for years; saved it and other gear many times. Just be carful of the rubber car valye, they can blow out at high pressure, I would use a truck valve, they screw in and are brass.
Cheers LL.

Great idea, however you should use a rated pressure relief valve of a suitable capacity, if your intending resale, the pressure vessel will require testing and certification as well.

Filthyphil said:
Great idea, however you should use a rated pressure relief valve of a suitable capacity, if your intending resale, the pressure vessel will require testing and certification as well.

Rated pressure relief valve fitted, 40 psi only required to do the job car tyre pressure will run it. gas cylinder previously tested well beyond required pressure, test out of date of course.

Captn

G0lddigg@ said:
nice concept, funny i made my trommel from one of those barrels, i found a site in creswick state park where they have been being dumped found 3 so far.

Would i be right in assuming they are prepressurized via air compressor and ready to go all the time? makes perfect sense in this climate in victoria

Spot on G0lddigg, 40 psi will get you 10 minuets of fire power.

Captn

Top idea, i'ld give it the thumbs up. Hey I was just thinking of hand held units. Have you seen how much pressure a PET bottle can withstand?

A start on some holiday beer. :D
This'll make it low carb beer(good for diabetics) ;)
1448617994_sam_4418.jpg

This'll make it taste perfect(no matter what I do" I hope "). :eek:
1448618144_sam_4416.jpg

This has started bubling a little tiny bit(so the babies are farting carbon dioxide,... and that means they will be peeing alcohol too). :D
1448618299_sam_4414.jpg

Note the demijon on the left,...I got around to transferring the dandilion wine into a new demijon as well(got rid of all the heavies in it),... so next step with that will be bottling it up,... should get two bottles and a taste test drink( just to test the quality of the drop,.... strength and bouquet) :p
Bettrn gettn Gold. :D

Dug said:
Is great waking up to blip blup in the morning.?
As good as the breath of the wind and the sound of the waves when you live by the sea. ;)

At least the kids can climb to the top to change any bulbs,.... and I can tell it's not your ph number Dug. :lol:

Latest posts