Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a prototype safety harness at work.today (it's what I do) for use in the high voltage transmission towers for downer.

1373593014_img_20130712_113946.jpg

1373592956_img_20130712_113850.jpg

So if any of you.guys want some sort of.harness or belt kit made, let me.know I spent 10years designing army field equipment, just ask Matt The Magic Man, he has used me equipment in.the past.

Well I have been designing things like this for 13years now, so I imagine I should be good at it by now LOL :cool:

Here are some of my military designs..

The SF BattleBra that took the army market by storm and had the other companies stealing my ideas off it..

p6080387kh2.jpg

9789x.jpg

And my ALICE pack that is now featured on the official Army website..
http://www.army.gov.au/Our-work/Equipment-and-clothing/Soldier-Combat-Ensemble/Large-Field-Pack

Anyway enough of me for now.

But if your interested I am more then happy to help out making pouches/slings etc for your equipment.

BrisJoe said:
Well I have been designing things like this for 13years now, so I imagine I should be good at it by now LOL :cool:

Here are some of my military designs..

The SF BattleBra that took the army market by storm and had the other companies stealing my ideas off it..

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/outback-ranger/SF BattleBra/p6080387kh2.jpg
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/outback-ranger/SF BattleBra/9789x.jpg

And my ALICE pack that is now featured on the official Army website..
http://www.army.gov.au/Our-work/Equipment-and-clothing/Soldier-Combat-Ensemble/Large-Field-Pack

Anyway enough of me for now.

But if your interested I am more then happy to help out making pouches/slings etc for your equipment.

mate i reckon its absolutely awesome that you can still make these things in Australia as a viable business . just look at police uniforms , where are they all made now ? china or somewhere in asia ??

i love problem solving , innovation , design and analytics

really admire what you can do .

Sorry nugget for this going a little OT.
Yes it is annoyin that everything is offshore now.
It was because of a well known company in Melbourne that makes it's stuff in Vietnam, that causes several soldiers to have serious accidents on the firing range for them to make all non issue field equipment banned, thus killing an entire industry and taking all the work away from people like me.
But welcome to the age opf profit and greed.

What a great bunch of replies, very interesting and funny reading....thankyou all for the entertainment!

today i made a 5 yr/old girl happy by going down the creek to look for gold
we ran 6 buckets through the highbanker, before the rain interrupted our work, :mad: so we packed up quickly
panned out the cons when we got home and found 0.26gm :p
the biggest picker was 0.06gm
and some very fine gold as well

now would love to get down there for the hole weekend and give it a good run

To day I made a highbanker out of on old street sign and other old junk I had laying about... good fun... and it works... :)

Today I started to make my trommel.
Got the main chute made with mesh between 2x half 15L buckets.
Just need some more bolts and screws to attach it to the drive shaft then a trip to bunnings to get the pvc fittings to make the frame.

Also cut the forst pieces of my soon to be sheet metal brake, just need some more angle ally from work to fiinish it, then I can get to making my Walbanker

Hehe well I am planning on a big 1-2 week trip over xmas out to a property near Thanes Creek, and want to have as much processing equipment as I can for maximum effeciancy lol

And last night I dreampt that I was screvicing with a friend who had a waterproof backmounted vacuum while I scrapped the crevices underwater lol

Guess that means I have gold fever? or yellow fever for my asian lady friend? lol

you will have a home made back hoe the way your going mate! May the bottom of your pans, sluices, Highbankers and vacuums be lined with yellow!

I am an very old school craftsman... It is not how good or new the tools are... It is how well you can use them.. Give a clutz a hammer and he will hit his finger... Damb the dough you guys spend is amaizing.. I wish I had a backhoe...... Then I will not hit my finger... :D