Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneWolf said:
Thanks Ladies and Gents.. I really love doing these things and have been researching Epoxy Resins for awhile to find the correct Product to use.. I also make Serving Platters, Cheese Platters, Paper Weights, Kitchen Benches all sorts of things.... I hope one day I can afford a CNC Router as it can be very time consuming using a normal Router... Also learning how to use them has been a challenge and a few broken router bits as im used to playing with Metal...
The Kitchen Bench I have done took 2 days of Routing and about 4 days placing the Stones... Im lucky I can get stones cheap and have built up quite a stock to do this, but you quickly go through the stock...Here is a paper weight that I made with my left-over Resin... Its all trial and error ATM but im hoping 2019 is going to be a better year for the Wolf Pack... :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7355/1548852562_paper_weight.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7355/1548853072_paper_weight1.jpg

LW...

Great work LW, next time your in Inverell, not far from DIs place, have a look at my cnc, i use it to do patterns for resin inlay
in wood. :Y:

goody2shoes said:
Is a CNC router expensive?

Goody :)

Got mine at a trade show in China, DPES SIGN &LED EXPO GUANGZHOU.
$2,300,00.
Don't buy of ebay, no support.
Air fare to Guangzhou return $780.00
4 years ago. Accommodation 4 nights
$280-00, Landmark hotel, there is cheaper.
No problems with communication.
Mine is what they call Advertising cnc.
When i got mine to home i walked around it
for a week as if it was a brown snake :8
learning curve was pretty steep.
If you can afford an Aussie cnc i would go
that way.I used skype between me and the
enginer in China to sort out my software woes
and a mate across the road.................. :Y:
Freight was about $ 1,200-00 for 2 machines landed Brisbane.

Thanks Every-one for your support and encouragement ... I posted the pics on here just to see if there is an interest for them and the Members opinion and I think I know my answer now. :perfect: ....
I was actually looking at the Ebay CNC Machines... I came to the conclusions that there would be better out there... :awful: More Research that's for sure...

I will see DI at Minerama, im hoping to get enough stock to have a stall there this year and spend a few days after at DI's place and at Emmaville to scout out some New Locations for Gemorama this year so I will give you a yell RockRat... :Y:

BTW, I will post up some details on Gemorama soon, but it will be on the same time as last year. Can't tell some that June at Glen Innes is Too Cold for People to attend and Fossick... :rolleyes:

One of my Fav shows is Alaskan Bush People and I only wish my Beard was like Billy Browns... :D but im afraid I would get it caught in a Drill or something like that.. :lol:

LW.... :koala:

Not going to China this year... :lol: :lol:

Would a good second hand one work OK ?

Gumtree?

Just trying to Come up with ideas,

goody2shoes said:
Not going to China this year... :lol: :lol:

Would a good second hand one work OK ?

Gumtree?

Just trying to Come up with ideas,

Goody, A good second hand one would be fine as long
as you can get support for it here in oz.
Ask what software drives it and what soft ware you
can use with it. Mach 3 is what i am going to convert
mine to, presently it is nc studio via usb which
has a few bugs in it. good luck :D

Knocked up a portable bench and storage for my newly acquired Kreg Pocket Hole Jig. Couple more coats of linseed oil and she'll be good to go.
1548926953_image.jpg

1548926768_image.jpg

All made from scraps so pretty happy with the results.

Its 40mm left over from a job at work they were going to sell it for scrap I got it for a carton of beer worked out well cheers Muk.

Latest posts