Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hermann said:
Hello Adrian, Well done, any chance of a small video, I would love to hear it, like most violinists I am always looking for a better sounding instrument, and I am not too keen on taking my good violin into the bush. I know that you can buy violin kits from USA, I have heard a few, some sound great and some not very nice at all. I am Hermann's wife. CHeers, Lahnette.
Hi Lahnette,
If i knew how to I would post a video, have to work on that :8
My wife Sue tells me that her fiddle club mates reckon it sounds a bit like a hardanger fiddle .....from Scandinavian origins.
Regards Adrian.

getting closer to the end of the tunnel :Y:

cannot decide the placement for the coffee machine :8 :playful:

build it in , or leave it portable :(

1540543286_p1120488.jpg

1540543287_p1120489.jpg

1540543287_p1120490.jpg

Inverters like air flow, particularly highly stressed high frequency type like that, get the mosfets hot and it will self destruct pretty quick, those babies need air mate, if you start putting big loads on it that will be stuffed pretty soon.

Occasional_panner said:
Inverters like air flow, particularly highly stressed high frequency type like that, get the mosfets hot and it will self destruct pretty quick, those babies need air mate, if you start putting big loads on it that will be stuffed pretty soon.

Now that sounds like knowledge speaking and not just an opinion ? :playful: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Occasional_panner said:
the inverter cools by sucking air from the front to back , i have a inch gap at the back of the top and another hole in the side between the fridge :power:
and there is a cm gap on the flap/door sides :Y: it stays pretty cool :cool: when running :perfect:
i probably wont ever run it with the door shut, bar when it has the solar connected :cool:

The fans run when the internals get too hot, the lower you keep it the better.
Once it does get too hot and the fans kick in it needs completely unrestricted airflow to get rid of all the heat possible, not just a little gap in a box.
Please yourself, but it will last longer if it's mounted in the open.

Can't tell till you pull it apart, but some use the actual case as the heat sink, even more reason to mount it in clear air.

ctxkid said:
i will do some thermo testing tomorrow , you have me curious , i'll get back to you

CTX also have to agree what OP said. Not sure on your location, but remember also on a hot day even as mild as 35C, the inside temp of car would get near the 50's. So then add the heat the unit is creating and your trying to cool it down with air in the high 40s .................... something will give especially if that air is further restricted from being able to get away from the unit. Guess on the positive side, you could always throw a few sausage rolls in and shut the door ? :D :eek: That's a bit of humour there not sarcasm. Have noted of late one must stay very politically correct on the forum :(
Prevention is a much cheaper option than the replacement. :Y: Just saying is all ;)
Neat set up by the way :Y: :Y:

Bogger said:
ctxkid said:
i will do some thermo testing tomorrow , you have me curious , i'll get back to you

CTX also have to agree what OP said. Not sure on your location, but remember also on a hot day even as mild as 35C, the inside temp of car would get near the 50's. So then add the heat the unit is creating and your trying to cool it down with air in the high 40s .................... something will give especially if that air is further restricted from being able to get away from the unit. Guess on the positive side, you could always throw a few sausage rolls in and shut the door ? :D :eek: That's a bit of humour there not sarcasm. Have noted of late one must stay very politically correct on the forum :(
Prevention is a much cheaper option than the replacement. :Y: Just saying is all ;)
Neat set up by the way :Y: :Y:
i take the advise :cool:
i see the humor ;)

i can see a couple more 12v fans on the horizon :Y:

Latest posts