XP Deus Australia Product questions and answers.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clegy

Justin Cleghorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G'day all,

This thread is for product based questions about the XP deus Metal detector. Please do not ask for help about what programs etc to use, that can be done on your own thread so it is easy to find for the next person that needs the same advice.

So if you have any questions please ask them in public if you think others will benefit or PM me/use the contact us page at the website if you prefer to ask privately.

I am not the world's best depository of Information on the XP Deus but I have access to them. So I will do my best to offer a sensible answer to your question..... Unless.... well you know where I am going. LOL.

Clegy

G'day,
After weeks of study I think I've decided on getting a XP Deus (last week it was the ATX-Pro).
Is it worth waiting for new version in a package?
Plan on snorkelling (not diving) and kayaking, if I get the underwater kit which includes ear buds do I still need the earphones for land use if using the remote? i.e I guess I'm asking is whats the best setup? Do most prefer the full muffs? I'm not really sure why the WS4 is an option?
Will I kick myself buying now if there is a pre=Christmas sale or bonus or new release bonus.

The remote has a speaker. The ws4s are great in summer, but the ws5s do provide much better sound insulation from your surroundings. An affordable adapter is available, lets you use the ws4s with different style headphones.

Hi mate thanks for all the questions,
There is no plan for a new retail package until 2017 and that is a maybe.
As far as headphones go your a ws4 candidate for sure you'll benefit from the flexibility that unit provides. If you need noise cancelling on land just use adapter as per rockets post.
If you like just call me and I'll run you through. Your options and you can ask any questions etc.
I doubt you'll need the new coil the current one should suit you fine. 18khz seems plenty if I am getting your hunting style right.
Cheers mate

Clegy

Thanks Guys,
the different headphone options are confusing when unable to see and test them
Clegy I will be in touch
cheers
LT

I have both the WS4 and WS5 and they both have pros and cons. The 4s are light and you can wear a broad brimmed hat with them. You also have more opions like wearing the controller part on your wrist etc.
The 5s are very comfy and block out the surrounding noises better. Get both ;)

Start with the WS4 for the flexibility and sweat free ears now that summer is heading our way. You can always get aftermarket full cup headphones to mount the WS4 controller to as a budget option, or WS5 when the budget allows.

Doesn't look like it will be available here any time soon, exclusively an African product, and at an unbeliveably low price. Makes sense that Minelab are trying to curtail the sales of the gold oriented version of the Deus, Africa is a huge market and one that Minelab will lose out on if the DPR-600 gets a foothold on that market.

Some discussion also going on over at Detect Prospect on the subject:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2614-depar-dpr-600-new-gold-detector-by-xp/

You have to question whether the delay on the release of V4.0 and the related gold coils to the Western market is due to Minelab's court action, and not due to clearing up bugs on existing setup. Begs the question, as XP obviously haven't held back on releasing the new software and coils to the African market, albeit under a different guise.

Also note that the DPR-600 only comes with 4 preset programs, so it is likely to be a dedicated gold detector vs an all-rounder with added gold ability to be sold on the Western markets.

Goldpick said:
Start with the WS4 for the flexibility and sweat free ears now that summer is heading our way. You can always get aftermarket full cup headphones to mount the WS4 controller to as a budget option, or WS5 when the budget allows.

I'm dumb :rolleyes: what sort of headphones can you do this with and how do you do it ?

xcvator said:
Goldpick said:

I'm dumb :rolleyes: what sort of headphones can you do this with and how do you do it ?

Sorry for being a bit vague, there are a few brands of aftermarket full cup headphones out there with the WS4 adapter mounted on them, so all you have to do is slide the WS4 controller onto the adapter and away you go. The audio is a bit less crisp on the Chefphones compared to the XP backphones, though still a good option for cutting out ambient noise, use as a backup, and keeping the ears warm in the colder weather.

One of the cheaper units is the CP6 headphones from Chefphones in the UK, these are the ones that I purchased:

http://www.chefphones.com/cp6

1479019108_9f8619_629d1adae88fff76e97311b60f623693.jpg

Another popular version is from Vance Headphones in the US:

http://www.vancemetaldetectors.com/...e-muff-headphones-(best-deus-headphones-ever)

1479019451_downloadfile.jpg

And lastly DetectorPro sell the Grey Ghost cordless headphones:

http://www.detectorpro.com/grayghost-XP.htm

1479019652_headhunterxp.jpg

This machine looks like program 10 of the deus carved out into its own machine.
In the video I saw it was running at 53XXX KHZ which is inline with the version 4 announcements.

I have asked the question if it will be available here and I'm waiting to see what happens.

My Inbox is full of questions and as yet I don't have any answers.

Cheers

Clegy

Goldpick said:
Good luck! :cool:

Ok, I rang the UK Importers and he basically put down to this,

1) It is a single Program machine.

2) It is a Non Motion machine

3) it does not work with the Cordless Headphones

4) They are made in Dubai Soley for the African Market

5) and if they were on sale over here they would cost 750.00 / $1278.74c AUD at the current exchange rate.

6) At present there is only that one Coil made for them,

7) At present "ONLY" Africa is getting them

His final comments were you are better off buying the Deus and waiting for the High frequency coil to come out because with V4 installed you will have the same setup but still have the benefits of all the Deus functions, programs etc for roughly the same price of the standard Deus Pak and of coarse the wireless headphones will would with the Deus,

Hope that helps,

John.

The price about is not quite right it's 750.00 or $1244.85 AUD

for some reason the forum won't let me edit my post above,

John.