Smallest piece with an SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
BillS let us know how the iron stone goes.
Nice little bits there what did they weigh all up
Weighed in at a total of .75gm and the two iron stones did not appear to have gold after preliminary break up but the did get a reading on the SDC.

Got out today first time for weeks due to work and family commitments shit weather raining then not raining driving me crazy signals everywhere think it was the soaked ground found several pellets but managed 2 bits .12 other bit didn't register on my scales was hard to find in the mud cheers muk
1475230467_image.jpg

Muk said:
Got out today first time for weeks due to work and family commitments shite weather raining then not raining driving me crazy signals everywhere think it was the soaked ground found several pellets but managed 2 bits .12 other bit didn't register on my scales was hard to find in the mud cheers mukhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7785/1475230467_image.jpg

Mate, If you Don't Water them they won't Grow, Throw em back so they can get a little Bigger, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, Well done, that took some skill to find them little bugga's for sure.

John.

BillS said:
No mate sorry not yet, on my bucket list but busy trying to find a gram+ with the SDC just to know the sound ......and the feel.

OK, just going back over some old posts and came across this one of yours, I know you've mentioned the gram plus in other posts.
Now I'm curious myself .....
here's the idea, let me know next time you're heading out (during the week for preference), I'll meet up with you and bring a gram sized nugget (may even try the 21 grammer), we can then test it (them) at various depths and settings to see what how the SDC reacts.

PM me if interested in giving it a go, we can then share the results.
Cheers Tom

Smallest i have found with the SDC is 0.0681g. Found last Friday, about an inch down on the edge of a track. I have only deen detecting for 3 months, but learning quickly. Thanks Phil ;)

Tiny one in the pic. Others range from 0.2g down.
1488446938_image.jpg

Well done samrota, looks like a good track. Some people would go 3 years for that lot, modern technology (the SDC) has changed that.

Keep up the good work mate and work the area around the track :Y:

samrota said:
I used the lab scales at work. Reads 4 decimal points

I got a set that reads to 0.001grams or 0.0001 Ounces, the most they can weight is 50 grams, they came with the calibration weights but they are extremely sensitive, I bought them when I was testing Coils last year, even though they see bits so small I still have some test pieces that can't be weighed, I figured that I don't need to buy any scales that read smaller than those I already have,

John.

Latest posts