Some finds with the xtera 70 and xtera 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find mate . Love the backyard possibilities.
Can't detect on our property too many powerlines and electric fences. Even our creek is on the no go list.

Rockhound said:
rocketaroo said:
amazing amount of good finds :)
But bugger all coinage rocket.I've only found a few brown buggers, 1 half penny and that florin.The folks that were here before me were careful with there cash.

where their clothesline was, and around steps, paths, under verandahs

Hi all,
Hit the old showgrounds today.Heaps of pull tabs and bottle tops but managed to find these two silvers my first thrippy and sixpence.Happy as :D
1462857644_img_1867.jpg
1462857691_img_1865.jpg
The sixpence has been hit by the mower. :(
1462857793_img_1866.jpg
1462857863_img_1864.jpg
The old showgrounds.

Well found rockhound, looking great ,.... exellent first finds for that first 3d & 6d experience. :D

Thanks rocket.I,m slowing learning what the 305 is telling me.I found it frustrating as hell but stuck at it.Any tips on detecting trashy areas because I reckon there is a heap of silvers still hiding amongst all the trash.

silver said:
Well found rockhound, looking great ,.... exellent first finds for that first 3d & 6d experience. :D
Thanks Silver.Yeah I got the fever now :D Wish I lived closer to town so I could hit the parks more often.LOVE IT!!!! :eek: ;) :D

If the 305 is like the 705, which I assume so, then running in all metal is the only way. Using discrimination, makes the detector blank over discriminated targets...your coil can pass over a good target, but because its blanking over a discriminated one, thats very close, you will not hear it. All metal can drive you mental at first, so many sounds....so swing slowly, to pick out the good targets in high trash areas.

rocketaroo said:
If the 305 is like the 705, which I assume so, then running in all metal is the only way. Using discrimination, makes the detector blank over discriminated targets...your coil can pass over a good target, but because its blanking over a discriminated one, thats very close, you will not hear it. All metal can drive you mental at first, so many sounds....so swing slowly, to pick out the good targets in high trash areas.
Thanks for the tips rocket.

Hi all,I upgraded the xterra 305 a few weeks ago to a secondhand xterra 70 with the 10x5 dd coil as well as the standard concentric coil.Here's some finds found with the 70 from the showgrounds.
1466138853_img_1936.jpg
All the coins
1466139062_img_1938.jpg
The silvers :D
1466139147_img_1940.jpg
The coppers
1466139209_img_1941.jpg
Battery money
1466139265_img_1942.jpg
Brown Buggers :mad:
1466139339_img_1943.jpg
and last but by no means least the junk :)
1466139431_img_1939.jpg
My earliest coin.

silver said:
Well done Rh, bet that lot made you feel good, great hunting mate ! :cool: 8)
Cheers Silver.Yeah you gotta luv digging up old silvers.These were found over the last 3 weeks about 20hrs detecting time.Still chasin a florin from there gotta be somewhere. :)

A very fruitful area for you Rockhound quite a coin collection. Also good to see the junk finds as well to put things into perspective (ie. coins don't always come easily). ;)

Latest posts