Some finds with the xtera 70 and xtera 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rockhound,
Looks like a great site with a lot of potential, it will be interesting to see what else you can dig up, good luck out there. Out of interest; anyone know what the metal strips with the slots in them are/came from? they seem to crop up in a few members finds, mine included from old goldfield areas.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi Rockhound,
Looks like a great site with a lot of potential, it will be interesting to see what else you can dig up, good luck out there. Out of interest; anyone know what the metal strips with the slots in them are/came from? they seem to crop up in a few members finds, mine included from old goldfield areas.
Cheers, SinHof.

That one in the picture here looks like it is from Old Scales.

golddiggerart said:
SinHof said:
Hi Rockhound,
Cheers, SinHof.

That one in the picture here looks like it is from Old Scales.
I think Sinhof means the harmonica reed.
1497407633_image.jpg

Thanks guys for the ID on the slotted metal strips, harmonica reeds, harmonicas must have been one form of entertainment back in the good old days, can you imagine a few old timers playing them around the camp fires at night?
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi all :) Haven't posted in a while been having computer problems.So here are some find's from the last couple of weeks.
First up are today's find's,Caught up with ktmman for a hunt today hit a few new spot's but was slow goin.......
1500710754_img_2895.jpg
1500710786_img_2896.jpg

1500710787_img_2897.jpg
This next lot is from the last couple of weeks
1500710918_img_2898.jpg
1500710954_img_2899.jpg
1500710985_img_2900.jpg

1500710985_img_2901.jpg

1500710985_img_2902.jpg

1500710985_img_2903.jpg
Happy hunting RH :Y: :cool:

Well done RH
Some nice finds in that lot :Y:
The coppers are in pretty good nick too
What are the two medalions ,under the buttons?
Got a couple of close ups ;)

You might be having computer problems but you aren't having any detecting problems :cool:

You got a full house of silver,but my favourite is the sterling silver badge shaped like a shield :party:

A lot of good and interesting stuff there :)

Good effort :Y: