Some finds with the xtera 70 and xtera 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Heres some finds from the backyard.
1462608101_img_1852.jpg
1462608207_img_1853.jpg
The best bits
1462608330_img_1856.jpg
I have no idea what this is.
1462608438_img_1854.jpg

1462608438_img_1855.jpg
1462608511_img_1857.jpg

1462608511_img_1858.jpg
The little hand thing is made of copper.And if the little latch on the top wasn't bent it would open.Like a set of tongs.
1462608756_img_1859.jpg
A lead pendant?
1462608905_img_1860.jpg
And this little V with the lion.my fav :D :D .Any help identifying them would be appreciated. HAPPY HUNTING :cool: :)

V for Victory, and the lion is the brittish empire Rockhound.
nice hunt, old building, door lock hole and leadheads, harness buckles, so probably the old barn site from way back. :D

rocketaroo said:
amazing amount of good finds :)
But bugger all coinage rocket.I've only found a few brown buggers, 1 half penny and that florin.The folks that were here before me were careful with there cash.

Rockhound said:
rocketaroo said:
amazing amount of good finds :)
But bugger all coinage rocket.I've only found a few brown buggers, 1 half penny and that florin.The folks that were here before me were careful with there cash.
So careful that you should keep an ear to the ground for big deep signals ,... just mark them and probe them when the soil is soft and wet ! ;)

silver said:
nice hunt, old building, door lock hole and leadheads, harness buckles, so probably the old barn site from way back. :D
Next time you are up this way silver you will have to drop in with that ace of yours and see what I've missed :)

Rockhound said:
silver said:
Next time you are up this way silver you will have to drop in with that ace of yours and see what I've missed :)
We'll take that as a given then Rh, on a nice winters day this year around school holiday time, I'll put my order in for a nice bit of rain the week before then, just to soften the ground a little. :D
Doesn't look like your missing much though, the target range is good, the tight little scratchy signals can be deeper coins, but if you put your imagination on the job (back through time) you can sometimes fathom a lot more than what's visible in the way of hints and clues. :D

silver said:
Rockhound said:
silver said:
We'll take that as a given then Rh, on a nice winters day this year around school holiday time, I'll put my order in for a nice bit of rain the week before then, just to soften the ground a little. :D
Doesn't look like your missing much though, the target range is good, the tight little scratchy signals can be deeper coins, but if you put your imagination on the job (back through time) you can sometimes fathom a lot more than what's visible in the way of hints and clues. :D
Sounds good silver.But make sure you put that order for rain in because the ground up here is dry and hard.Makes for slow digging. :)

Will do, I think we're talking the rains that slowed down the start of the crushing(sugar) in the old days, just hopeing they come earlier is all. ;)

Latest posts