I bought this Trommel for $75!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1460081585_image.jpg
I bought this Trommel/gold wash plant trailer for $75 at a garage sale. Just thought I would share it :)

Well this one would require a small excavator to feed it I think... And to that in Victoria you would have to have a prospecting license or a mining license (to be able to use machinery) unless you could get an exempted to use a small digger instead of a shovel... Say a medical condition? Or wasn't there a prospecting term such as: "what happens in the bush... Stays in the bush" ;) nah seriously I think you would need atleast a prospecting license... I'm sure someone else would no for sure. I dont use it I only bought because it was cheap! You couldn't buy the material for that.

Yea I seen some wanker on eBay selling small atv trailer mounted trommels for over $10,000. Not sure if he would sell many at that price but as soon as I seen this I new I had to buy it. I used as a template. Some people think there legal to use buckets and handtools but at the end of the day it's still classed as machinery.... Then again if you weren't destroying land or creeks and put the land back to how you found it maybe you could get away with it.... I'm curious weather to hear if they are legal or not....

Yea I might clean it up soon at put it on eBay :) I'm sure they would be a lot of fun and rewarding if set up in the right spot... a smaller one is probably more ideal.... This one is probably borderline on prospecting and small scale mining :) i might even go test it out somewhere and take a video!

No need to put it on eBay. I'll buy it from you for $150 that's a 100% return on investment in a few days :D

Postage would only have to be for your time and fuel cost seeing as how you only need to drive down, connect her up like a trailer, give me a fist full of cash and then head back home :)

Dwt it has a thick steel frame inside that screen that supports it. It just needs a new belt and away she'll go

You are able to use them , it's only the cubic meters of material that you have to watch , anybody that's used trommels know how hungry they can be ??? ripper buy though mate.

Latest posts