Communications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaryO said:

My understanding is that the normal "clarifier" only lets you tune the receive frequency (RX) thus compensating for the operator you are listening to that is transmitting slightly off frequency (TX) . If the Clarifier has been modified to alter both TX and RX - that could be an issue if not properly adjusted.

Best bet is to find a Amateur radio operator close to you and they may have a frequency counter to check it.

Cheers

Barry

Tathradj said:
No but there is this bloke on 40 in Melbourne who reckons he owns the Channel.
Makes out he is a truckie and chips in on conversations.
Boy did I wind him up last time I was down there. LOL
He has been doing it for years. :mad:

BoydWilliam said:
There used to be a bloke named "Bullbar" who travelled all over Vic on Chanel 40.
He must have had a very powerful base unit or repeaters because he abused and hung crap on anyone who was listening.
His famous comments " Burger burger burger I've got a big co&k" or "get faaaarked burger burger burger"
Quite funny but very annoying. Anyone remember him?

We have a similar bloke in Brisbane who GrOWLS out all the time on 40 about the size of his big C*&k. Again a very strong and clear signal and very annoying.
Jaros :p

Correct. :) :)
But there was a mod where it adjusted the PLL as well causing the whole TX and RX to move off frequency.
Very highly illegal.
As we know.

bazza2210 said:
GaryO said:

My understanding is that the normal "clarifier" only lets you tune the receive frequency (RX) thus compensating for the operator you are listening to that is transmitting slightly off frequency (TX) . If the Clarifier has been modified to alter both TX and RX - that could be an issue if not properly adjusted.

Best bet is to find a Amateur radio operator close to you and they may have a frequency counter to check it.

Cheers

Barry

What are the 27 Meg frequency's like these days. ??
I am told it is very quite as every one is over on UHF now.

Jaros said:
Tathradj said:
No but there is this bloke on 40 in Melbourne who reckons he owns the Channel.
Makes out he is a truckie and chips in on conversations.
Boy did I wind him up last time I was down there. LOL
He has been doing it for years. :mad:

BoydWilliam said:
There used to be a bloke named "Bullbar" who travelled all over Vic on Chanel 40.
He must have had a very powerful base unit or repeaters because he abused and hung crap on anyone who was listening.
His famous comments " Burger burger burger I've got a big co&k" or "get faaaarked burger burger burger"
Quite funny but very annoying. Anyone remember him?

We have a similar bloke in Brisbane who GrOWLS out all the time on 40 about the size of his big C*&k. Again a very strong and clear signal and very annoying.
Jaros :p

yep we have a individual down my way that is very vocal about anything and everything.

Barry

With a proper setup Bazza, I would be able to talk to you no problems from down here.
I had some on ask me about building a 27 Meg repeater once.
I learn t just how big Band pass would be. LOL
Sorry Reefer,
We are getting off track Here mate. :8

Tathradj said:
What are the 27 Meg frequency's like these days. ??
I am told it is very quite as every one is over on UHF now.
Altho its very quite in Aus , there is always some skip from overseas sneaking through .Biggest problem is a bunch of toothless redneck idiots always hog ch35 so making it almost impossible to listen out for dx calls .Can drop to the original ch16 but there is never anything at all happening down there.

Mate.. if you know me .. you know that i don't get off on the technicalities of the things i use :cool: .. i see all gadgets as tools to do a job. if it catches gold, is light and portable and has ease of operation.. i'm stoked already... if it takes all my gear and goes where i want it to.. i'm stoked.. similarly if i press the button and it puts me in contact with someone..I'm stoked!...now along the way... i've learnt how to maintain it, how it works, what are its limits and advantages and how it fits in with my view of the world...which in many ways ..in my mind,is what i refer to as,"collateral damage" :p ...you know like...too much information...haha......So i guess what i'm looking to say is... Don't apoligise Tathradj ;) i have found the banter very informative... and i;m glad it has sparked so much conversation...a little of which i actually understood :p cheers ta ys all!

reefer said:
THANKS FOR THE INPUT FELLAS! :cool: Its a 40 ch.switchable output,lcd. group scan with priority channel watch, open scan,auto squelch, keypad lock and a couple of other things :)
Very sorry to take things off track Reefer , hope you dont mind but you have opened a good topic and if we can continue here rather than start a newie that would be great. Im sure everybody's thoughts and coments on ALL things communication could be discussed here ? :cool:

Even sticky worthy :)

bazza2210 said:
GaryO said:

Cheers

Barry
Yep Barry thats right :)

It is a brilliant Topic so I will stick it up. LOL
Only thing worries me is the amount of stickies we already have but, It can stick for a while. :) :)
That's if Reefer doesn't mind. ?
I am sure he won't.

The fellow I was talking about came down to my place one day as I told him I was having a few issues.
Neighbors got very inquisitive about this car parked at my place with Antenna's all over it and me going
up and down the street thumping power poles with a sledge hammer. LOL
You ought to have heard the spitting and fizzing coming out of one of the poles I hit. :eek:
Got it.
Then he told me that there was a complaint about interference coming from a house with a big white antenna
mounted on top of it.
Me. :8
He cracked up hard when I showed him the base of the antenna. Nothing screwed to it as I was using another antenna at
the back of the house.
Power pole was the issue.
When I invited him into my workshop, He lifted both eye brows at the FT101 Digi Ham Set I had running on the shelf.
Then smiled when he seen the heaters were turned off. Then got real interested when I told him it was fitted with a set of 200 watt tubes.
I bought the set in a garage sale in Sydney as a whim just because it was there.
I would after that time used to monitor a few frequencies for him. Allowing me to crank the set up to full operational power and transmit.
That thing used to have some guts I can tell you. Would light up an 11 meter antenna like a light bulb.
One of those rare people I can tell you and yes, He told me quite a few ripper yarns that had me in stitch's.
This is starting to get me enthused about a Foundation License. LOL
I still have the set too.

Tathradj said:
The fellow I was talking about came down to my place one day as I told him I was having a few issues.
Neighbors got very inquisitive about this car parked at my place with Antenna's all over it and me going
up and down the street thumping power poles with a sledge hammer. LOL
You ought to have heard the spitting and fizzing coming out of one of the poles I hit. :eek:
Got it.
Then he told me that there was a complaint about interference coming from a house with a big white antenna
mounted on top of it.
Me. :8
He cracked up hard when I showed him the base of the antenna. Nothing screwed to it as I was using another antenna at
the back of the house.
Power pole was the issue.
When I invited him into my workshop, He lifted both eye brows at the FT101 Digi Ham Set I had running on the shelf.
Then smiled when he seen the heaters were turned off. Then got real interested when I told him it was fitted with a set of 200 watt tubes.
I bought the set in a garage sale in Sydney as a whim just because it was there.
I would after that time used to monitor a few frequencies for him. Allowing me to crank the set up to full operational power and transmit.
That thing used to have some guts I can tell you. Would light up an 11 meter antenna like a light bulb.
One of those rare people I can tell you and yes, He told me quite a few ripper yarns that had me in stitch's.
This is starting to get me enthused about a Foundation License. LOL
I still have the set too.

Doug,

Sent you an email re possible changes to foundation license conditions.

Cheers

Barry

My first rig was an FT101 given to me by my first Boss in Melbourne. Peter Waterhouse. (RIP)

I still have my 5/8 wave station master antenna up , i got it for xmas when i was 15 , 2 houses later and 31 years on its still going strong. There was something exciting about hearing or talking to people interstate or overseas back then , now you can jump on the net.
I think my fondest memory was speaking to guy at St george Island Alaska using a long wire antenna i made up :) .
Wished i had got into qsl cards ( like a bussiness card to send to contacts made on air )back then , my mates used to love showing them off . My uncle was a truckie and got me and my brother our first cb and it went from there.

got the strangest message on my mobile phone today people!...so i'm in woolies with the missus and i get a message... after the biggest double-take i've had in years, it says CB MESSAGE!...????WTF! has anyone any info about this?is it even possible to get a message from CB in this manner?... there were four in a flurry of beeping and whistling over a period of 10minutes. the first one i open says...Albion Park.... a suburb about 5K's from me... the 2nd was the same... about 5mins. later from Berkely, over the other side of Lake Illawarra.. and the last one from Unanderra...halfway between here and the Gong!...?? At first i thought it was my nephew Adam..he has a unit in his Nissan and off course knows my mobile number... i'm thinking... maybe his trying to let me know he is calling me on the cb.. so i bells him.. he pleads innocence and suggests in a nice way that its time i go and have a Poppy nap.hehe...actually he told me go.... you know what :eek: So people anybody have any idea whats going on... when opened on the phone, the messages just said the areas i said above... with the time sent??? Is there something i should know, or is someone trying to contact me from the forum ??... should i report this to the authorities?... am i being contacted by the grey Aliens??

Latest posts