⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks quite dark and with a few cracks.
Not sure it is worth faceting, try to take a picture on a piece of white paper without backlight.
If it looks like the first picture, not a stone to facet in my opinion.

Show it to a faceter to be sure, but from the pictures you posted you'll get a dark stone that won't be worth the money if you pay a cutter to facet it.

Annual trip out to O'briens Creek was a success. Yielded approx. 753 carats of topaz and a nice big honey coloured smokey. The big triangle topaz is 193 carats, deep and very clean. I am planning a trillion style cut for it as this best suits the shape of the rough. Possibly a Portuguese style trillion. Any suggestions on a design would be greatly appreciated!

1462571882_dsc_0268_800x633.jpg

1462571939_dsc_0270_800x533.jpg

I honestly have no idea, not super clear it's a bit cloudy if that helps, but can be seen through. Very angular, it has six edges and is pointed at both ends. From what I've found on 6 sided gems I'm calling it as quartz. Thanks for looking anyway

Bezza said:
I honestly have no idea, not super clear it's a bit cloudy if that helps, but can be seen through. Very angular, it has six edges and is pointed at both ends. From what I've found on 6 sided gems I'm calling it as quartz. Thanks for looking anyway
Looking at those new pics definitely looks like a quartz crystal.Double terminated light smoky quartz.

Latest posts