⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a bit small for my talents Heath, but the doggies and bottom one may be Thailand worthy. The top one might suit a triangular cut.

Thinking I have a hack at preforming one and go from there or grab the pick and sieves and go find that perfect stone. :p

Silver - it does the job, courtesy of the Oberon visitors centre.

Wally69 said:
They are a bit small for my talents Heath, but the doggies and bottom one may be Thailand worthy. The top one might suit a triangular cut.

Thinking I have a hack at preforming one and go from there or grab the pick and sieves and go find that perfect stone. :p

Silver - it does the job, courtesy of the Oberon visitors centre.

Yeah save em for a parcel to Thailand, probably send you blind trying to work with tiny stones. Nice colours though, always a pity ones like that aren't bigger.

Wally69 said:
Sodabowski, I will have a look at my rock box and see if I can find a nice sized specimen embedded in Quartz for you.

i have a specimen in a football sized quartz crystal but it is probably a bit big to post.

Found my rock box, if you are interested, flick me a PM.

1454211356_image.jpg

just learning to cut stones myself.

I have a trip to the Willows gemfield on my must-do list as I havn't found a yellow sapphire yet, I hear it is the best spot for finding a yellow or yellow/green party stone.

What are your thoughts?

1454233019_2_1.jpg

1454233020_2_2.jpg

The Willows gemfields is a great area but I haven't worked it as much as I would have like to. I have seen some nice stuff come out of there though Wally. Definitely try to make some time for it when you can.

I have however made some big holes around Rubyvale and Sapphire - found some nice parties and yellows too.
We had a claim in the area a couple of years back, before the kids came along - but we still try to go there once a year or so in the colder months.

Sluicing Stan

Wow what a nice collection you have. I have a few little specks found in Sapphire Bend. Must say a little jealous ;)

Latest posts